Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Motorhome on Beach for sale

lol, thats "beach front property", w/ a view ovelooking the ocean. those guys look like they fit right in, i know just the type. i used to rent part of a field to store old ag equip from a guy who had that (x10), and it wasnt no beach. extension cords running everywhere from campers, broken cars, pot gardens,beer/soda cans all over the ground, etc. the place was quiet every morning, as noone woke before noon over there. when the **** finally hit the fan, and several agencies arrived simotamously, the oldest kid ran and hid from child protective services. one of the last agencies to leave was the dog pound. they were out there confiscating the pitbulls, and the oldest kid came out of hiding, cuz he was cold, so the dog pound took the kid w/ the dogs
    Last edited by 123weld; 04-21-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually down in Mexico along the Sea of Cortez, the guy in the black shirt is a local fishing guide @ $300/day and stays in the 5th wheel next door to this abandoned MH. Many locals put an old RV or some type of structure on the beach to hold claim to property. This one got undermined by high tides as they failed to build a sea wall around the lot. The fishing here is pretty good.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC 225/150
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

4. Likes whtbaron, tanglediver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    Many locals put an old RV or some type of structure on the beach to hold claim to property..
    yeah, there doing that where i live, as the bums now own the sides of the freeways. i think of it as kind like a reenactment of the "homestead act". Anyway, thanks for setting the story straight about the "waterfront beach house", it don't sound as bad as i thought. looks like u at least got some fish, and having a good time. 300 bucks for a day probabaly pretty good for them, and pretty good for a fun filled day for a family too. in late 70's, i went to hawaii, we chartered a boat for 175 for the day. we thought it was expensive then. we trolled and i caught the only fish, it was a 42 lb "ono". i think it was taller than myself at the time, it was the best tasting fish i ever had

Post Thanks / Like

I almost bought an old Chrysler based one like that not long ago. Low mileage 440 under the hood was the attraction for me. I think the asking was $2k and I probably could have sold the the body for $500 for a hunting shack. Just another on the long list of projects that didn't happen because I haven't got time for the ones I'm trying to complete...
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Amico APC-70 Plasma
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    Needs a little TLC
    Today’s world that will not get moved and only more motor homes will come. Name:  FA7BD6A2-30D3-40DA-9534-10ABC32CF0E7.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  178.8 KByes that’s a Lincoln Navigator and it’s the bums, not people helping them. Took the pic myself.

Post Thanks / Like

A 'Parrot Heads' paradise right there!
    City of L.A. Structural; Manual & Semi-Automatic;
    "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore."
    Job 28:1,2

Lincoln, Miller, Victor & ISV Bible

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    I almost bought an old Chrysler based one like that not long ago. Low mileage 440 under the hood was the attraction for me. I think the asking was $2k and I probably could have sold the the body for $500 for a hunting shack. Just another on the long list of projects that didn't happen because I haven't got time for the ones I'm trying to complete...
    I know a guy that bought a late 90's Ford motorhome that had a serious kitchen fire that totaled it, low miles on a 7.3 powerstroke and a heavy duty E450 chassis. He stripped the "house" body and installed a 14' service body after capping off the cab section. Near as I know the DOT has not caught on to the RV registration.
    We also have a watermelon farmer locally that turns retired city busses into a flatbed truck from front to rear. They don't run on the roads however.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist