Thread: Handyman extraordinare!

Post Thanks / Like

Handyman extraordinare!

Hello folks,
    Reside in Central Massachusetts as a self employed Handyman since 2003. My gift in this world is my ability to fix so many things I even impress myself. From my son's electronic game to putting a cylinder head on a diesel... succesfully. So much so it became my business and the reviews are highly favorable. As for welding I originally grew up around a gas station family business with repairs. I became highly skilled with Ocy/acetalyne as you could imagine but not much arc welding. Fast forward to today and I've got a 21 yr. old son who is just like me and we are both eager to further our skills with now a stick welder, mig and tig. I've become fair with the stick and my son with the mig. (He did buy it). Now we've invested in gas for the mig and soon gas for the tig, although tig will be a brand new experience but clearly we love every bit of the learning process. I feel quite lucky to have a son who has this type of interest. The objective is mostly vehicle repairs of all sorts and body work but also just building things for fun most people can't touch without a welding skill and equipment. We are both grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this group and hope to contribute where we can.
    Thanks All,
    Dan and Deric

2. Likes wb4rt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Handyman extraordinare!

Welcome
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan you sound like several members here with your abilities to repair things. Welcome to welding web. Don’t be shy and post some pics of what you are fabricating. What tools are you using for cutting your project materials? One thing we are good at here at Welding Web is spending others money on things “tools” we either want or already have
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! I used to love going to The Tool Shed in Worcester when I lived in the area. Ever been there?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN