Thread: Hello from Utah!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Utah!

Hi, I'm a home gamer who likes to learn new things. I've been into woodworking, home stuff, and basic automotive work, but I've always had a soft spot for metal work/fab (dad was a machinist). I picked up a Hobart Handler 140 a few years ago from a friend, and despite not getting very proficient at that, decided I wanted to jump into TIG as well at some point. My wife found a Miller Dialarc HF-P with torch, pedal, flowmeter, and MIC-4 interface control (which purpose I don't know yet) while perusing FB marketplace and asked if I wanted an early b-day (I know, she's pretty great). A short trip later with the help of an engine hoist and it was back at my house. A few days later I wired up the garage (not a lot of fun pulling that size wire from the attic down to the basement), bought some argon, and gave it a shot. Welding pics are some stainless I had (no idea grade) with no filler. I don't think I had enough gas coverage - the grey is "sugaring", right? After that I felt confident enough to try putting a "cart" together for it rather than keep the tippy dolly it was on. Since it basically has a "chassis" it was pretty simple to add a back shelf and axle, casters up front, and a handle. So far I've really enjoyed giving this a shot. I've got a few projects right off the bat I'm looking forward to trying (Al shelving for my wife's greenhouse, bar stools, wind spinners...). Comments, roasting, advice all welcome. Sorry if the pics are rotated - no idea how to deal with that.

Name:  Dialarc HF-P.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  114.0 KBName:  Dialarc HF-P Fnt.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  98.2 KBName:  Dialarc HF-P Back.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  101.2 KBName:  1st weld.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  69.2 KBName:  2nd weld.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  53.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello from Utah!

Welcome from southern Arizona!
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN