Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lincoln 225 ACDC or Miller Thunderbolt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lincoln 225 ACDC or Miller Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by G-ManBart View Post
    How will that change with a different welder?

I'm not a professional welder, and have said that many times...just an enthusiast who likes welding, welders and making things. I'm pretty certain nothing will enlighten you.
    I gather that the OP was looking for a more portable option or maybe already has a smaller generator. I believe it is possible to have more than 1 generator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie1957 View Post
    I agree with the stated assessment of the SA200, I have a great 1966 red face model so I know something about them. They were a purpose built machine for welding and they still do that very weld. Pure DC arc is a beauty to behold thatís why they still have a cult following....

If you ever get a chance to weld with one youíll see what I mean.
    Down the road I'd like to acquire one. Not sure how far down the road that will be, but certainly not in the near future. An inverter machine is all that fits the cards at the moment on my end. When I do my long trips I already have generators along and I can't imagine needing to weld anything extraordinarily heavy - and where I may find myself welding, at least for now, there is commercial power.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks and update from Florida Al in the Deep South.
    I have purchased the ESAB 180i and some Lincoln Excaliber 3/32" 7018 rods. Pushed my small time, retired budget a bit. But, I can finally keep an arc going again. My garage practice/learning welds look like Fido's rear end, but I pounded one with a hammer and it held. (redneck style QC. ) Now I'm working on improving.
    Reading all the replies was very educational. I sincerely appreciate every reply.
    Thank you, everyone.