Thread: Need help with my Licoln Tig module and ranger gxt 250

Post Thanks / Like

Need help with my Licoln Tig module and ranger gxt 250

hey guys just bought a used unit off of ebay. I didnt realize it did not come with the power plug to plug into a regular outlet. Is there anyway to plow this up without it or do you have no choice but to use the plug for 115v? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with my Licoln Tig module and ranger gxt 250

get the code numbers of your welder and the tig module.
    Call Lincoln product tech support . from what I can tell there are different cord sets between the tig module and the welder. depends on which welder it used and if the welder has 115 volts at weld speed. with out you code and K numbers only Lincoln can help.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  01A5A7ED-0C5B-44BD-9AF6-EE2B2477DDC3.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  55.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

This is mine Name:  C95AA98D-2F76-4E10-AD7B-6F3D74BA9A0A.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  84.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Bought it on eBay for 500 didn’t think I was going to get buyer to accept but he did. It came from India. Got here In 4 days but I didn’t get a 115v plug wish should be here in a couple of day’s.

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys I , i finally got the 115v plug in the mail. Plug it in and it powered up thank god. My question is if you have to hook up the positive and negative to the lincoln ranger gxt why would it need to be plugged into a 115v outlet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueTouch View Post
    hey guys I , i finally got the 115v plug in the mail. Plug it in and it powered up thank god. My question is if you have to hook up the positive and negative to the lincoln ranger gxt why would it need to be plugged into a 115v outlet?
    115 is a reliable power source for all of the complicated electronics in the Tig Module.
    The open circuit and welding voltage on the work leads varies widely from one model to another and from one current setting to another.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you rex i appreciate the info did a little reading. Was actually looking for a half way decent video but hard to find one for this. I was wondering though how I can do aluminum welding with it? I just switch the leads around? Have you ever did AC TIG with it? interested in how it works out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueTouch View Post
    thank you rex i appreciate the info did a little reading. Was actually looking for a half way decent video but hard to find one for this. I was wondering though how I can do aluminum welding with it? I just switch the leads around? Have you ever did AC TIG with it? interested in how it works out.

Trying to figure out a similar situation for my Ranger 250 CT. Did you ever get it to lay a good aluminum bead?

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of these modules if I remember right they have to be plugged into the power source 110 outlet not the garage or shop outlet also the duty cycle is really low I never could get it to run a good bead way over rated attachment in my book !