+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buried my Mother in Law

Post Thanks / Like

Buried my Mother in Law

I wonder how many of you have done this. I won't even be arrested!

27 years ago tomorrow I became a father second time, then I buried her. Mrs. B was in hospital, gave birth at about 12:30 AM. Later in the day the grave I dug day before was occupied by my mother in law. I had the Power Wagon loaded with sand to accomplish the feat before she crawled out.

Kidding aside, she had died in December. Father in law had his heart set on a family burial plot. We went through the red tape, established a family cemetery. By May 8 it was scheduled, and life was not allowed to interrupt. Mrs. B missed her mother's burial, but close family members visited the hospital later in the day. Zachary Mathew celebrates his 27th birthday tomorrow. Like his brother, I'm very proud of that young man. He called me today from a tower at Blue Mountain NY. He is surveying a new to me concept: An above ground concrete encased high voltage power line to radio towers at top of mountain. The survey would traditionally required line of sight involving tree cutting & brush removal. Today it was all done with a drone requiring only clearing for view of monuments.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buried my Mother in Law

My family came to the Pacific Northwest shortly after the civil war, they started a family cemetary that went public in the 1920's. It's about 5 acres now but we still have nearly 1/3 of it filled up.
    Good to hear how things turned out with your son, mine just turned 30 and is the lead machinist for a big international manufacturer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buried my Mother in Law

My dad and I worked together and lived in the same yard for most of our lives, so not much went unsaid. One day over coffee he said he wanted to be buried beside the yard pole in the middle of our farmyard. I said, "Yea, we can bury you shallow and face down so the kids can use your butt for a bike stand..." Never heard about the burial beside the yard pole after that. Both he and my mother are interred on the hill at the local cemetery.
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

4. Likes Dave66 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist