+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Welder Dave update

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welder Dave update

Got a PM so thought I should give the latest update. One round of chemo left on Thursday and then go in for the stem cell transplant on Sep. 29. I'll be in the cancer institute for a minimum 15 days. Hoping I don't have any bad side effects or anything. Been a little busy lately and didn't have much time to go on the forum. I'm doing pretty good except I still get a nagging back ache if I'm on my feet for too long or moving certain ways. Bending over or reaching tends to bother my back more. Trying to get up if I kneel down seems to be quite the chore. My friends truck got stolen so I got him to put my slip tank back in my truck. I went to put some diesel in it and had to go in the box to unlock the cap. No problem, I've got a Ford with the tailgate step. Got in the box easy peasy. Coming back down was not so easy. I probably looked like a fool but I actually sat down on the tailgate to put my feet on the step and then get down. I never thought getting out of a truck box could be such a challenge. When I went to go back in the box to put the cap back on, a light bulb went off in my head... there's a handle for the tailgate step! It slides in the tailgate and I completely forgot about it. It made a world of difference. Just being able to hold it for stability when stepping down made the operation so much easier. Little things you never think about suddenly become much more difficult than you ever thought. Really glad I had the tailgate step and the handle. Originally it wasn't something I would have spec'd. on the truck but it came with the truck on the lot and I am so glad to have it.

2. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, glad your back, and in action here. Memory and balance was an issue for girlfriends mom after them treatments. I'd say she got it all back, and became herself again

Post Thanks / Like

Another update. My stem cell transplant has been postponed because of wave 4 of covid. My Dr. is continuing my chemo treatments and says it could be a good thing. The lower we can get my cancer level, the better chance the transplant can get it down to zero. My level was at 2 so hopefully it has stayed the same or gone lower. They are taking out the central line because they don't know when I can do the transplant. It can be done with a standard IV though. It's a good thing in one way the transplant was postponed. I'll be able to get more done with the better weather before winter comes.

Post Thanks / Like

This Covid thing is bad for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    This Covid thing is bad for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist