Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 115 of 115

Thread: Welder Dave update

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    2,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    I use magic mouthwash over hour be for eating.
    I just pickup a bottle today.
    I use ever night it helps.
    FYI you can have flavor add to magic mouthwash.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Magic mouthwash has lidocaine to freeze so have to leave it for 1/2 hour after taking. Meds really mess with my taste buds. Really cold like ice chips helps. Made some orange juice and raspberry juice ice cubes that have some taste and keep my mouth from getting too dry. Also taking the anti-nausea meds. I'm improving but still can't swallow whole foods. This is what I take but pretty sure it has lidocaine too:

    https://sir5r.com/2015/07/01/akabutus-mouthwash/

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    Being I spit it out it's not real bad.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    2,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    This what in my magic mouthwash.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Being I spit it out it's not real bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    HF 170 welder
    HF 4x6 band saw
    South Bend 9N
    Mill
    B&D mag drill
    Victor torch

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    central Wis.
    Posts
    5,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Being I spit it out it's not real bad.
    That's what she said.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    2,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    As long as your throat has no sores.
    If your your throat has sores you need a Magic mouthwash for throat too.

    What taste bad is the Antidiarrheal RX.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    That's what she said.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    Worst taste is 30ml of potassium straight up!!!

    Had chemo today and taking all precautions so I don't have to spend another week just getting better to go for chemo again. Chemo is supposed to last 4 to 6 month's! Feel pretty good good today but over did it yesterday hooking the battery charge to my truck, etc. Battery held a charge overnight so hopefully brought it back to life. Go for stem cell transplant around mid August and urologist tomorrow. Really hope to get rid of catheter. Had beans for lunch which I consider semi-solid food. I could be a real rooten tooten SOB and to heck with anybody else! Everybody needs a real good fart every once in a while!
    Last edited by Welder Dave; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:54 PM.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    2,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    I have been on Chemothera since January.
    It so mush fun all the surprises and the prescription to fix the surprises.
    The first time in 2009 I had bag it stop most surprises.
    When the bag was gone now had the surprises.
    This time take the prescription, I learned what to do and when to the prescription to avoid surprises.
    HAPPY DAYS ( ok not bad )

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Worst taste is 30ml of potassium straight up!!!

    Had chemo today and taking all precautions so I don't have to spend another week just getting better to go for chemo again. Chemo is supposed to last 4 to 6 month's! Feel pretty good good today but over did it yesterday hooking the battery charge to my truck, etc. Battery held a charge overnight so hopefully brought it back to life. Go for stem cell transplant around mid August and urologist tomorrow. Really hope to get rid of catheter. Had beans for lunch which I consider semi-solid food. I could be a real rooten tooten SOB and to heck with anybody else! Everybody needs a real good fart every once in a while!
    Last edited by smithdoor; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:34 PM.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    2,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    FYI You ask your doctor to remove the folly chather at home they give kit. The good news it come easy.

    I some tell my nurse at time chemo "ITS MILLER TIME" they I do not drink by liver test so just a joke.

    Dave

    FYI I stop drinking at age 14,
    I saw my family dieing from alcohol and picked liver.
    I did stop my father from drinking and he lived to 82.

    Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Worst taste is 30ml of potassium straight up!!!

    Had chemo today and taking all precautions so I don't have to spend another week just getting better to go for chemo again. Chemo is supposed to last 4 to 6 month's! Feel pretty good good today but over did it yesterday hooking the battery charge to my truck, etc. Battery held a charge overnight so hopefully brought it back to life. Go for stem cell transplant around mid August and urologist tomorrow. Really hope to get rid of catheter. Had beans for lunch which I consider semi-solid food. I could be a real rooten tooten SOB and to heck with anybody else! Everybody needs a real good fart every once in a while!
    Last edited by smithdoor; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:42 PM.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    Good luck Dave....keep fighting
    Gregg
    Hobart Handler 210 MVP
    Hobart Stickmate 210i

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    Been a while since I gave an update so here goes.1st the bad news. Went for chemo a week ago and ended up in the ER later the next day to get rehydrated. Still had the C-Diff bug which now the Dr. thinks caused most of the problems. Was absolutely horrible!!! My chemo for this week was cancelled to let my body heal and is also cancelled for next week.

    Now the good news. Went to the Dr. today and was told all my blood work came back good but the best news was the level of cancer in my body was reduced by 95%!!! Started off at a 40, then went to 20 and is now at 2! Plan is to try and keep it stable at 2 and work towards 0 where the cancer is in full remission. Still hoping my taste buds come back but I'm able to eat and swallow some solid foods. For a while I couldn't even swallow my meds. Nice to have some really good news!

  11. Likes Lis2323, farmersammm, Dave66, whtbaron liked this post
  12. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Martha Lake, WA
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    Dave, I don't totally (or at all) understand what those numbers mean (e.g. 40 vs 20) but I know what a 95% reduction means. Great News!
    Tweco Fabricator 211i
    Sieg X2
    AMT radial arm drill press
    AMT belt/disk sander
    HF 4X6 bandsaw

  13. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
  14. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wheatland, Wyoming
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    Nice to hear things are improving.
    Chris
    Auction Addict

  15. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    2,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    My doctor has standing order if need rehydrated.
    Pain in the but too.
    Sounds like everything is doing great 👍.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Been a while since I gave an update so here goes.1st the bad news. Went for chemo a week ago and ended up in the ER later the next day to get rehydrated. Still had the C-Diff bug which now the Dr. thinks caused most of the problems. Was absolutely horrible!!! My chemo for this week was cancelled to let my body heal and is also cancelled for next week.

    Now the good news. Went to the Dr. today and was told all my blood work came back good but the best news was the level of cancer in my body was reduced by 95%!!! Started off at a 40, then went to 20 and is now at 2! Plan is to try and keep it stable at 2 and work towards 0 where the cancer is in full remission. Still hoping my taste buds come back but I'm able to eat and swallow some solid foods. For a while I couldn't even swallow my meds. Nice to have some really good news!

  16. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    Quote Originally Posted by jrporter View Post
    Dave, I don't totally (or at all) understand what those numbers mean (e.g. 40 vs 20) but I know what a 95% reduction means. Great News!
    You're not alone. LoL I was/am confused too but the Dr. explained it's just a number they use to tell what level of cancer someone has in their body. Healthy people are 0 but you can have cancer and also be down to 0 where the cancer is not affecting you. If I stayed at 2 would still be great and that's the plan for now. Ran into the volunteer who has the same type of cancer and he's currently a 6. I told him he is my greatest inspiration as he was 1st diagnosed in 2009! 12 years and going strong. I'm going to be that guy and go 15+ years.

  17. Likes Dave66 liked this post
  18. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    2,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Welder Dave update

    I was told if my CEA is less than 3 no cancer but no CAT scan till 12.
    The highest I ever had after 2010 was in 2018 was CES 2.6 but the PET scan showed stage 4.

    The number is only a reference number. But may not work for everyone.

    PET scan and biopsy is only thing that tells the real story.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    You're not alone. LoL I was/am confused too but the Dr. explained it's just a number they use to tell what level of cancer someone has in their body. Healthy people are 0 but you can have cancer and also be down to 0 where the cancer is not affecting you. If I stayed at 2 would still be great and that's the plan for now. Ran into the volunteer who has the same type of cancer and he's currently a 6. I told him he is my greatest inspiration as he was 1st diagnosed in 2009! 12 years and going strong. I'm going to be that guy and go 15+ years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,624,489,606.43109 seconds with 14 queries