Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Welder Dave update

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welder Dave update

I use magic mouthwash over hour be for eating.
    I just pickup a bottle today.
    I use ever night it helps.
    FYI you can have flavor add to magic mouthwash.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Magic mouthwash has lidocaine to freeze so have to leave it for 1/2 hour after taking. Meds really mess with my taste buds. Really cold like ice chips helps. Made some orange juice and raspberry juice ice cubes that have some taste and keep my mouth from getting too dry. Also taking the anti-nausea meds. I'm improving but still can't swallow whole foods. This is what I take but pretty sure it has lidocaine too:

https://sir5r.com/2015/07/01/akabutus-mouthwash/

Post Thanks / Like

Being I spit it out it's not real bad.

Post Thanks / Like

This what in my magic mouthwash.

Dave

Attached Images Attached Images  
    HF 170 welder
    HF 4x6 band saw
    South Bend 9N
    Mill
    B&D mag drill
    Victor torch

Post Thanks / Like

That's what she said.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as your throat has no sores.
    If your your throat has sores you need a Magic mouthwash for throat too.

What taste bad is the Antidiarrheal RX.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    That's what she said.

Post Thanks / Like

Worst taste is 30ml of potassium straight up!!!

Had chemo today and taking all precautions so I don't have to spend another week just getting better to go for chemo again. Chemo is supposed to last 4 to 6 month's! Feel pretty good good today but over did it yesterday hooking the battery charge to my truck, etc. Battery held a charge overnight so hopefully brought it back to life. Go for stem cell transplant around mid August and urologist tomorrow. Really hope to get rid of catheter. Had beans for lunch which I consider semi-solid food. I could be a real rooten tooten SOB and to heck with anybody else! Everybody needs a real good fart every once in a while!
    Last edited by Welder Dave; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been on Chemothera since January.
    It so mush fun all the surprises and the prescription to fix the surprises.
    The first time in 2009 I had bag it stop most surprises.
    When the bag was gone now had the surprises.
    This time take the prescription, I learned what to do and when to the prescription to avoid surprises.
    HAPPY DAYS ( ok not bad )

Dave

Had chemo today and taking all precautions so I don't have to spend another week just getting better to go for chemo again. Chemo is supposed to last 4 to 6 month's! Feel pretty good good today but over did it yesterday hooking the battery charge to my truck, etc. Battery held a charge overnight so hopefully brought it back to life. Go for stem cell transplant around mid August and urologist tomorrow. Really hope to get rid of catheter. Had beans for lunch which I consider semi-solid food. I could be a real rooten tooten SOB and to heck with anybody else! Everybody needs a real good fart every once in a while!
    Last edited by smithdoor; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI You ask your doctor to remove the folly chather at home they give kit. The good news it come easy.

I some tell my nurse at time chemo "ITS MILLER TIME" they I do not drink by liver test so just a joke.

Dave

FYI I stop drinking at age 14,
    I saw my family dieing from alcohol and picked liver.
    I did stop my father from drinking and he lived to 82.

Last edited by smithdoor; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Dave....keep fighting
    Gregg
    Hobart Handler 210 MVP
    Hobart Stickmate 210i

Post Thanks / Like

Been a while since I gave an update so here goes.1st the bad news. Went for chemo a week ago and ended up in the ER later the next day to get rehydrated. Still had the C-Diff bug which now the Dr. thinks caused most of the problems. Was absolutely horrible!!! My chemo for this week was cancelled to let my body heal and is also cancelled for next week.

Now the good news. Went to the Dr. today and was told all my blood work came back good but the best news was the level of cancer in my body was reduced by 95%!!! Started off at a 40, then went to 20 and is now at 2! Plan is to try and keep it stable at 2 and work towards 0 where the cancer is in full remission. Still hoping my taste buds come back but I'm able to eat and swallow some solid foods. For a while I couldn't even swallow my meds. Nice to have some really good news!

11. Likes Lis2323, farmersammm, Dave66, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave, I don't totally (or at all) understand what those numbers mean (e.g. 40 vs 20) but I know what a 95% reduction means. Great News!
    Tweco Fabricator 211i
    Sieg X2
    AMT radial arm drill press
    AMT belt/disk sander
    HF 4X6 bandsaw

13. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to hear things are improving.
    Chris
    Auction Addict

Post Thanks / Like

My doctor has standing order if need rehydrated.
    Pain in the but too.
    Sounds like everything is doing great 👍.

Dave

Been a while since I gave an update so here goes.1st the bad news. Went for chemo a week ago and ended up in the ER later the next day to get rehydrated. Still had the C-Diff bug which now the Dr. thinks caused most of the problems. Was absolutely horrible!!! My chemo for this week was cancelled to let my body heal and is also cancelled for next week.

Now the good news. Went to the Dr. today and was told all my blood work came back good but the best news was the level of cancer in my body was reduced by 95%!!! Started off at a 40, then went to 20 and is now at 2! Plan is to try and keep it stable at 2 and work towards 0 where the cancer is in full remission. Still hoping my taste buds come back but I'm able to eat and swallow some solid foods. For a while I couldn't even swallow my meds. Nice to have some really good news!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrporter View Post
    Dave, I don't totally (or at all) understand what those numbers mean (e.g. 40 vs 20) but I know what a 95% reduction means. Great News!
    You're not alone. LoL I was/am confused too but the Dr. explained it's just a number they use to tell what level of cancer someone has in their body. Healthy people are 0 but you can have cancer and also be down to 0 where the cancer is not affecting you. If I stayed at 2 would still be great and that's the plan for now. Ran into the volunteer who has the same type of cancer and he's currently a 6. I told him he is my greatest inspiration as he was 1st diagnosed in 2009! 12 years and going strong. I'm going to be that guy and go 15+ years.

17. Likes Dave66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told if my CEA is less than 3 no cancer but no CAT scan till 12.
    The highest I ever had after 2010 was in 2018 was CES 2.6 but the PET scan showed stage 4.

The number is only a reference number. But may not work for everyone.

PET scan and biopsy is only thing that tells the real story.

Dave

You're not alone. LoL I was/am confused too but the Dr. explained it's just a number they use to tell what level of cancer someone has in their body. Healthy people are 0 but you can have cancer and also be down to 0 where the cancer is not affecting you. If I stayed at 2 would still be great and that's the plan for now. Ran into the volunteer who has the same type of cancer and he's currently a 6. I told him he is my greatest inspiration as he was 1st diagnosed in 2009! 12 years and going strong. I'm going to be that guy and go 15+ years.