Thread: XMT 350 Exploded

Post Thanks / Like

XMT 350 Exploded

So the caps in my XMT just exploded. Just checked and it looks like at least 1200 to fix.

What other powersources could I run a lincoln LN-25 wirefeed suitcase with? Anything out there new that wont break the bank?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: XMT 350 Exploded

Depends on what wire and amps you run. $1200 is I guess about a 1/4 to 1/5th of what a new machine is worth? It's a voltage sensing feeder and if you have 3 phase power you can pick up machines real cheap. Was at an RB auction where they had pallets of 3 phase machines including some Miller Dimension 400's and newer 452's. Lots of SHR CC only machines that would run an LN25 on voltage sensing. LN25 has several models. Most expensive machine was around $600 and some SRH's sold for $10!!!! take one or as many as you need. Welding positioners were selling pennies on the dollar! Don't sell welding equipment at Ritchie Bros. I've seen other 3 phase machines for cheap even at welding supplies. Big shops want the newer technology to save on power bills. Unfortunately as you have found, the old Transformer machines are a lot more bulletproof.
    ]

Post Thanks / Like

Recently sold my low hourXMT 350 with gas solenoid for tig ,wire feeder, Bernard gun, electrode holder, tig torches and cart for $5K Cdn.

Sold the push pull cabinet with Python, 30A spool gun with contractor and Miller HF box all separately.

Pretty awesome machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I will just fix it. Looks like i need interconnect board, mod 1, mod 2, and two new capacitors- price from miller is 1600 dollars. If I can find someone to walk me through it I will probably just do it myself, or see how much a shop charges I guess. I cant really see any other machines being worth it. Was thinking maybe there are some new ones I havent heard of, havent looked into machines for like 5 years.
    Last edited by sparky24; 05-14-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Parts might be cheaper at Miller4Less.com

Post Thanks / Like

Literally anything, I've run an LN-25 off of a 140 amp stick welder on CC mode for ****s and giggles before just to see if it's possible (It is, it's not great, and running stick on it would have been better, but if your stuck with just the 140 amp machine and the LN-25 and not stick electrodes it does work).

look at any older power source that puts out CV, any engine drive will do it, we've even managed to rig it up to a fronius transsteel 2700 (anyone that has dealt with fronius machines will know how much of a pain in the *** that is) that had a busted wire feeder and it worked, that the great thing about an LN-25, you can use them with just about anything.

7. Likes farmall liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

the only problem with installing the parts yourself is. Miller will not warranty the parts. For the Miller parts warranty to be valid, the parts have to be installed by an authorized service tech. You can save about $500 by buying the Mod and pcb as a kit.
    Talk to a service shop near your and ask what they will charge to sell you the parts and install them. Should give you a welder that will last another 10 years.
    what you want to install sound about right if the control pcb did not get damaged.
    You can call miller tech support and get the kit part number from them.

Post Thanks / Like

the only problem with installing the parts yourself is. Miller will not warranty the parts. For the Miller parts warranty to be valid, the parts have to be installed by an authorized service tech. You can save about $500 by buying the Mod and pcb as a kit.
    Talk to a service shop near your and ask what they will charge to sell you the parts and install them. Should give you a welder that will last another 10 years.
    what you want to install sound about right if the control pcb did not get damaged.
    You can call miller tech support and get the kit part number from them.

Post Thanks / Like

thers a xmt 350 for 1500 on detroit craigslist under tools