Thread: Used equipment

Post Thanks / Like

Used equipment

Ok, so I drove about 40 miles for a smokin deal on some machinist tools, most I didn't need, but I can make a buck. Anyway, while I'm out I decide to hit the local pawn shops, doesn't usually work out but hey I found some adjustable reamers at the first place for a decent price. Very low inventory they said because of the pandemic and stimulus, haggled and walked out with the reamers. Go on down the road to the next one, huge inventory, tools galore. So I start digging, find a couple of 17 torch setups for scratch start, hose regulator etc. Ok, I think about the price and look closer, one valve is jacked and regulator is suspect, so I look around some more, and find a set of pipe stands. Well, I can always use those, even if they are rough, 65 bucks so I'm good with that, 125 on the box with rhe 2 torches etc. So I hit him up for his out the door deal, and he wants 65 each for the pipe stands and 125 each for the torches! No wonder he has a large inventory. Rant over, but if anyone Has a need for some machinist stuff, pm me.
    Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

2. Likes Broccoli1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Used equipment

People pay more than new on small stuff at auctions all the time. Pawn shops often have no clue. That's some kind of super fancy welding deal, must be worth at least $250 to buy it new.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Used equipment

When I'm feeling particularly onery - I email HF ads or web links to online marketplace sellers that are delusional, pricing well above everyday new prices.
    Yeswelder MIG-205DS
    (3) Angle Grinders at the Ready
    Just a hobbyist trying to improve