+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 120V PowerPlasma 25i XTR

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

120V PowerPlasma 25i XTR

Everlast is continuing to challenge the market and open up new market segments.

The new PowerPlasma 25i XTR is now available for sale. This is the latest in the PowerPlasma line. The unit ranges from 10 to 25 A output with a 35% duty cycle at 25A.
    It is a small unit designed for the typical day to day needs of hobby, farm, ranch, auto body, and HVAC companies with 120V supply. It's perfect for portable operations such as restaurant equipment repair, or with newer engine driven welder/generators or generators that produce clean power.

Designed for cutting up to 1/4" on a regular basis, the unit will go up 3/8" for severance.

The new product utilizes the Innotec iPT 25 series blow-back type torch.

The unit offers plenty of value, starting well under 600.00 with a 5 year warranty. You'll be hard pressed to find anything that rivals this new 120V plasma cutter for price, warranty and capability.

EDIT:

Here's a link to the website:https://www.everlastgenerators.com/p...plasma-25i-xtr
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by lugweld; 05-25-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 120V PowerPlasma 25i XTR

Not really seeing much of a challenge in performance 25 amps output on a 30 amp circuit . I get a bit over 18 amps output on a 20 amp line even with a compressor built in The Ironton 30 or jasic will smoke that thing on any thicker stuff..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. That cloud that follows you eventually sends a bolt of lighting right into your tail feathers. But I suppose I should thank you for the opportunity to talk more about it and compare.

First, the ironton is 120 and 240V, which is rather vague on input/output requirements and requires a 30A breaker...according to Northern Tool's site...but from their manual it says 20 on 115 and 30 on 240V. Is that inrush or operation? Not clear.

Ours is 30A inrush, operating at 18A.

Others smoke it? Not according to our tests. Just sayin'. Not on 120V. Stay tuned for the videos and tests on the 'tube. (But you may see smoke from those others literally soon after you buy them and no support or warranty...1 year versus 5? Full free, live phone and email tech support, along with forums, and multiple, heavily viewed and active social media spots for support that they can contact versus what exactly? An email box to send something to? lol....get real on the comparisons.)
    Most people find our cut data to be on the conservative side....and I suspect they will once again find that to be true on this unit.

A lot of people don't have 240V, so the extra 3 or 4 amps you might get on 240V operation (30A) never materializes. Most dual voltage plasmas are either 25/30A or 27/30A output on `120/240V respectively. 120V output is always lower or there is some caveat.

For those people that have only 120V, and want a MIG and a plasma cutter, but can't swing the 240V, we deliver. Our 120V model MIG has proven to us there is a huge demand for 120V only products that deliver on performance. This model is designed to appeal to those same customers....plus a number of people who need to go portable where 240V may not be available.

The dual voltage appeals to people who may need to go portable, but have a standard 240V outlet...but this appeals to a larger market segment overall.

AS far as the Jasic/Razor weld product, we all know there are huge issues with the razor weld stuff and changing torches and design constantly. And they don't even publish their specs. The number of customers I get that come over from Jasic/Razor weld is surprising on plasmas...and they are blown away by our performance differences, time and time again. I've put it out there to customer and after customer they'd be pleased over the razorweld/jasic cut, and they come back to me that they are thrilled by our huge performance gains (and support).

Both are using the old generic trafimet design torch. Ours are using the Innotec design blowback models...which improve cutting ability.

Built in compressors are notorious for compressor failures, and have a relatively short life span if leaned on too heavily. They've been around 25 years. Nothing new to that tech. Thermal Dynamics "Drag Gun" is one such example. The compressor technology unfortunately hasn't made a lot of improvements since then.

We had that option open and comparatively reliable, but life span on a heavily used compressor is only about 3 to 4 years on a unit like that. Obviously, we went another route. And it is light, really light by comparison.
    Last edited by lugweld; 05-25-2021 at 12:06 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

My 2007 15c is still running strong. The ironton will output a true 30 amps on 120 power cuts 3/4 on 30 amps 120 input.. I used it, and owned one too. The Korean made compressors work excellent over the long haul. I have a 35c, and 15c.. Talking to the wrong guy with your smoke screen.Blow back just means a larger front end to me..If you had some real tech that Hypertherm or even Thermacut has in there nozzle/etc designs, then you might have something..Blowback /blowhard, means little to cutting performance

I am guessing you can show me some nozzle patents that improve performance over a real good torch?

The USA draggun/plus was never a very good machine.

A 15c running off a lightweight inverter 120 volt generator will be a much better portable unit then your 120 volt machine on a the same generator, and a air compressor Hands down better 120 volt portable setup. Just does not work well at all.Unless you add about 40-50 pounds and another $500 to the genny.Same goes with a Hypertherm 30 air.. lighter then a compressor and plasma cutter too.
    Last edited by Brand X; 05-25-2021 at 11:00 PM.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    My 2007 15c is still running strong. The ironton will output a true 30 amps on 120 power cuts 3/4 on 30 amps 120 input.. I used it, and owned one too. The Korean made compressors work excellent over the long haul. I have a 35c, and 15c.. Talking to the wrong guy with your smoke screen.Blow back just means a larger front end to me..If you had some real tech that Hypertherm or even Thermacut has in there nozzle/etc designs, then you might have something..Blowback /blowhard, means little to cutting performance

I am guessing you can show me some nozzle patents that improve performance over a real good torch?

The USA draggun/plus was never a very good machine.

Your math doesn't add up or you are blowing smoke yourself. It can't because of efficiency loss. Input Output wattage = input wattage minus efficiency loss, which is usually around 80-87% efficiency. That would leave you at BEST 27 Amps on a sunny day on 120V. So you are shading the truth heavily and you are caught with your pants are down. Again, we are putting conservative numbers, not trying to impress people by "Max, chisel off slag" cuts.

Again, your math stinks. But it is worded in their literature that the unit requires 20A on 120V, and 30A on 240V. So their product info is messed up or they don't know what their machines supply.
    We looked at the Korean compressors....so we know their weak spots and one reason we didn't go with them.

The innotec work off the same patent as the tecmo and lincoln torches....innotec and tecmo are owned by Italian relatives who cooperate off the same patents.

So, now we are adding Thermacut rather than Jasic/Razor weld? And basically a still unknown company? Boy, you are really grasping...(or promoting?)

I've used multiple 30 Amp units including the name brands...so I know where the limits of 120V operation are. I've also run the numbers, and you are really trying to spitball.
    Stop before you lose all credibility.
    Last edited by lugweld; 05-27-2021 at 03:39 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Just to show you how we rate our product, this is one of our TIG/Stick/Plasma (PowerPro 205si) units with a 50A plasma we rate at 3/4" severance. This is a customer photo they posted on the Everlast Welders Facebook page cutting 3/4" plate. And, it has more to go, but this is where we conservatively rate the unit.

But really, you are missing the point. A person with 120V input isn't going to be welding 3/4" plate so the point really is moot for the most part, unless it is an emergency "hack through" type cut. They will be welding with a 120V MIG, TIG, or Stick unit, or some combination of the two or three processes. And that is limited as well as to what they can do. A 25 Amp plasmais able to cut a stated 3/8" is more than capable and a perfect match up to those type units.

Face it, you are here to throw off and detract as much as possible, using red herrings and bull poop to do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Dimensions of this unit are : 13.75" L X 5.5"W X 9" H
    Weight is 14 lbs. bare unit.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Stay tuned for the videos and tests on the 'tube.
    While they are out making videos, how about videos of the powerplasma 62i cutting 1 inch steel and severing 1.25" steel like they say it will. I am tossing up between either a cheaper 60 amp plasma from a well known local ESAB subsidiary company (CIGWELD) or the power plasma 62i, and it seems neither company seems to want to put up youtube videos of their respective products claimed capabilities.

Post Thanks / Like

We let our customers do that. Go to one of the Everlast face book pages and there are plenty sharing videos.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

I am not on facebook though. I can find one video on youtube and the person pointlessly cuts 1/2" steel. Even a super cheap 40 amp plasma can do that.
    Last edited by .RC.; 06-07-2021 at 05:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Face it, you are here to throw off and detract as much as possible, using red herrings and bull poop to do it.

At least I am not selling anything .. Seems like your company started out the bull poop way,and has took it to another level through you..Pretty much a snake oil salesman of higher the caliber . I seen this game before, and it never changes.

I was just calling you out on stupid claims you made about other machines, that you have not used, and have zero knowledge about . That does not distract anyone, just lays the steaming pile at your feet.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

There are very few makes I have not used and many many models within the makes that I have used as well at least once, if not for anything but testing. I also study the competition very very closely for hours on end. You make an Assumption. You are the one making stupid claims, that you cannot back up as I think I proved. If you want to carry this on, fine. But I think you ought to drop it.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist