Thread: Anybody have a battery charging station for cordless tools. Inside vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have a battery charging station for cordless tools. Inside vehicle?

Anybody got a system to charge batteries inside their vehicle, perhaps off an auxillary battery. How to do.this and what would I need? My tool and battery inventory has grown considerable and i need a way to charge batteries while mobile. I did have a 12v charger for my 18v.nicad batteries. However that was a single battery charger

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody have a battery charging station for cordless tools. Inside vehicle?

I have never had much luck with the longevity of 12 volt DC cordless chargers. May be easier to do a inverter than use standard 120 volt chargers.

3. Likes CAVEMANN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, that is the way I want to go. However I want an auxillary battery. A couple of my chargers have fans in them. I suspect they pull significantly on my battery if left charging.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tapwelder View Post
    Thanks, that is the way I want to go. However I want an auxillary battery. A couple of my chargers have fans in them. I suspect they pull significantly on my battery if left charging.
    No question you will need a lot of deep cycle battery for inverter and a isolator so it will not run down the start battery when using it when your stopped.

Post Thanks / Like

I put a 300 watt inverter under my back seat. I just plug in the ac charger. I have fully charger 2 batteries before starting the truck without issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have a battery charging station for cordless tools. Inside vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwelder View Post
    Anybody got a system to charge batteries inside their vehicle, perhaps off an auxillary battery. How to do.this and what would I need? My tool and battery inventory has grown considerable and i need a way to charge batteries while mobile. I did have a 12v charger for my 18v.nicad batteries. However that was a single battery charger
    Funny I did the complete opposite.

I got a great deal on some Ion lithium 18 V batts
    Along with a 12 V charger….

I only use them in the garage so I bought a 110-12v adapter and it seems to be working well.

Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I will try an inverter.

When only had 2 batteries it was easy to keep them charged before leaving the shop.