+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aux Hydraulic valve

Post Thanks / Like

Aux Hydraulic valve

I want to add another hydralic valve to something that has a 2 spool valve already. In the past i would replace the 2 spool with a 3 spool but i would like to add another valve. Can i hook it to the outlet side of the 2 spool valve?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aux Hydraulic valve

Assuming it's an open and not a closed center system and the original valve is power beyond capable and has a power beyond plug in it you can. A quote from Mr.Google for power beyond:

In a nutshell, Power Beyond is a facility in the outlet section of a mobile directional control valve, which enables the pressure bypass gallery to be isolated from the tank gallery. By doing this, the pressure gallery can then be carried over or continued on to the P port of another directional control valve (DCV).

and for open/closed hydraulics:
    https://www.munciepower.com/company/...raulic_systems ............Mike

3. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's a stack valve its easy to add another valve section. Just have enough o-rings to re-stack the entire valve. I've done plenty of Gresen stack valves on equipment to add a valve. Used 3/8" B-7 all thread rod to hold them together.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not a stack valve and it does have a plug in the side of the valve. I talked to a tec at surplus center and he said i may have problems hooking valves together because it would put presser on the other valves and leak out.

Post Thanks / Like

..... i may have problems hooking valves together because it would put presser on the other valves and leak out.
    That is the purpose of the power beyond plug, it stops the return passage on the downstream valve from being pressurized. You still need a return line to tank on the downstream valve but it's for the return oil from the cylinders not the return oil from the pump as that oil returns to tank from the upstream valve............Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Prince Web site (no not the singer). The spool valve has to be power beyond capable. If it is not you cannot do it. Prince has many PDF diagrams that describe exactly what you want to do. Pretty sure the RD5000 series is what you are looking for and then you need to buy the power beyond sleeve fitting.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Dynasty 300 DX
    HTP 240
    HTP Microcut 380
    Hyperthem 85
    JD2 Hyd Bender and HF Hyd Ring Roller all in one =(Frankenbender)
    Bpt. Mill/DRO
    4' x 8' CNC Plasma Table
    Instagram: tjsperformance
    YT: TJS Welding and Fabrication

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the prince site and it was very help full. I now need to pull the plug on my valve and see whats there and see what i have and what i need . If this would work it would be cheaper and better.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's a common valve there should be info readily available. If it isn't power beyond capable, the valve you want to add could be and put it ahead of the existing valve.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist