Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Concession Trailer Build Advice

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Concession Trailer Build Advice

    I have been asked to frame out the walls and roof of a 20 long trailer that is destined to be converted into a concession trailer.
    I have built modular type walls using 1 1/2 14ga square tubing, but nobody was going to drive them down the highway.
    I was thinking 2x2x1/8 square tubing for this project.
    Any advice on my choice from those who might have built similar trailers??
    Thanks!!

    Hobart Beta-Mig 251
    1972 Miller AEAD-200LE
    Miller 250 Twin
    Northern Ind. Hybrid 200
    Longevity Stick 140
    Longevity Migweld 200S
    Thermal Arc Pak 3XR

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Concession Trailer Build Advice

    Have you calculated weight? And estimated weight loaded.

    I built a axe throwing cage on a 24 ft trailer. Did 14g. 2x2

    Weight and design would dictate lighter metal.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Concession Trailer Build Advice

    I would check out Joe's build for ideas. His trailer turned out pretty nice and has been in use for a couple of years


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Concession Trailer Build Advice

    Work is work, but sometimes trailer add-ons aren't the best.
    I would see what concession trailer manufacturers use and copy. Knowing what his intentions are for use can impact build.
    I'm thinking like roof vents, side wall swing open canopy, cabinets, sink, table, water storage, electricity, etc.
    Knowing the final usage will definitely impact building.
    With what material costs, he may consider trying to find a use one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    4,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Concession Trailer Build Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Work is work, but sometimes trailer add-ons aren't the best.
    I would see what concession trailer manufacturers use and copy. Knowing what his intentions are for use can impact build.
    I'm thinking like roof vents, side wall swing open canopy, cabinets, sink, table, water storage, electricity, etc.
    Knowing the final usage will definitely impact building.
    With what material costs, he may consider trying to find a use one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with BD1 about the build.

    Not to derail the topic but as rule I will not eat anything from a concession truck. It is extremely difficult to maintain good food safe procedures in a limited space and small prep and utensil cleaning areas.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Concession Trailer Build Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    I agree with BD1 about the build.

    Not to derail the topic but as rule I will not eat anything from a concession truck. It is extremely difficult to maintain good food safe procedures in a limited space and small prep and utensil cleaning areas.
    You worry too much. Questionable food just strengthens your immune system! ;-)

  7. Likes greenbuggy liked this post
  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    4,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Concession Trailer Build Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    You worry too much. Questionable food just strengthens your immune system! ;-)
    Nah. I just like to bitch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

  9. Likes BD1 liked this post
  10. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Near Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Concession Trailer Build Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Nah. I just like to bitch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like to complain, also,, and like you, the wife and I will not eat at any concession trailer,,
    not because of our phobias,, but, there was a MAJOR food poisoning issue at a local fair some 30 years ago,,

    I do not need food served by people with questionable piercings,, and no where to bathe, shower, or even wash their hands,,,



  11. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Concession Trailer Build Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    I agree with BD1 about the build.

    Not to derail the topic but as rule I will not eat anything from a concession truck. It is extremely difficult to maintain good food safe procedures in a limited space and small prep and utensil cleaning areas.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I understand. The user will only be selling cold drinks 😊
    I did have a BBQ Truck for a while, and the regulations are pretty stringent, but you are right, there are about a million things that can go wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,627,954,300.39230 seconds with 12 queries