+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what brands sell Dual shield wire in .035

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what brands sell Dual shield wire in .035

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
    Electrons do that because they are attracted to a positive charge. Positrons go the other way - in fact, I think resistance is caused by the electrons and positrons trying to get past each other.

Helpfully,
    Jack
    what are you on about!
    Murphy's Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell45 View Post
    I'm currently using Hobart's 0.035 Excel Arc 71 gas shielded flux core.
    Prior to using it, I've read/heard people describing it as "butter" smooth.
    Can confirm - buttery-smooth and fun to weld with.
    but is it made in china? neither kiswell or ine is made in china
    hypertherm powermax 30xp
    fronius transpocket 180
    fronius transsteel 2200
    fronius iwave 230i water cooled
    hobart handler 100

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cornchip View Post
    but is it made in china? neither kiswell or ine is made in china
    If it's good quality wire why would it matter if it's made in China?

Post Thanks / Like

well china has practically stolen everything there is to steal from usa. one of the oldest american hand tool makers was just recently bought up by the chinese. probly they couldnt stay afloat any longer from all the "americans" already buying so much products from china. maybe one day you or your brother or freing wont have a job because every manufacturer is practically gone
    hypertherm powermax 30xp
    fronius transpocket 180
    fronius transsteel 2200
    fronius iwave 230i water cooled
    hobart handler 100

5. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

well china has practically stolen everything there is to steal from usa. one of the oldest american hand tool makers was just recently bought up by the chinese. probly they couldnt stay afloat any longer from all the "americans" already buying so much products from china. maybe one day you or your brother or freing wont have a job because every manufacturer is practically gone
    Well put.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it is compete or change, if you can't compete with another person/company/country ect then you have to change so either you can compete, or you don't have to anymore.

just remember it's exactly what the U.S did to Europe in the late 1800's-early 1900's, the U.S out competed them, now the U.S is starting being outcompeted in manufacturing, can't blame the country that's beating you, you have to do something better or different, people have been put out of work from technological and economic advancement for as long as "work" has been a thing, change or be steam rolled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ttoks View Post
    The way I see it is compete or change, if you can't compete with another person/company/country ect then you have to change so either you can compete, or you don't have to anymore.

just remember it's exactly what the U.S did to Europe in the late 1800's-early 1900's, the U.S out competed them, now the U.S is starting being outcompeted in manufacturing, can't blame the country that's beating you, you have to do something better or different, people have been put out of work from technological and economic advancement for as long as "work" has been a thing, change or be steam rolled.

A lot of the Chinese competition is only able to do so because of tech and intellectual property theft. So you can not compete with a country that operates the way China does.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    A lot of the Chinese competition is only able to do so because of tech and intellectual property theft. So you can not compete with a country that operates the way China does.
    Exactly. Amazing how cheap you can sell a product when you have no costs regarding R&D, quality control and little to no labor costs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    It's almost like you expect countries, or big companies for that matter to play fair, you think the googles, ford, facebook, USA, China India or anyone else in power gives a crap about fair?

We are just ant's in a big machine, you personally have to make sure that your position is secure, there's no amount of calling out unfair, stamping your feet or calling out bull**** that will stop you from becoming the next man living in a cardboard box if you don't figure out ahead of time what's going to keep food on your table.

I don't disagree you with, but buying chinese made wire helps keep food on my table because that's the reality of the situation weather you like it or not, and me not buying chinese made wire isn't going to make a lick of difference but will contribute to me being that next bloke in the cardboard box.

Going back to Cornships comment of

maybe one day you or your brother or freing wont have a job because every manufacturer is practically gone
    If you've gotten yourself to a point where you dont have a backup plan and are screwed by that, you've failed yourself, it happened to the black smiths, it happened to the steam locomotive engineer, it happened to the manual lathe operator and it will probably happen to every single one of us, it's your job to look ahead and try and see where the future is going and plan for it.
    Last edited by ttoks; 07-22-2021 at 01:21 AM.

11. Likes Munkul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to favor the INE Italian wire for the price. I understand what you are saying ttoks but if some one does not put a stop to it the whole world will be speaking Chinese as a primary language and not by choice fair or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Hundreds if not thousands of N. American companies no matter how long they've been established have moved production to China. That's not the same as saying China took them over or stole their designs. For most companies it's all about the bottom line and for most consumers it's all about the best price/quality ratio.

14. Likes ttoks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Hundreds if not thousands of N. American companies no matter how long they've been established have moved production to China. That's not the same as saying China took them over or stole their designs. For most companies it's all about the bottom line and for most consumers it's all about the best price/quality ratio.
    exactly, its not that china put a gun to lincoln's head and bought them out, but the lincoln welding machine I just bought was made in China.

Last edited by ttoks; 07-22-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I try to by western made stuff wherever i can. That means Esab/bohler/Lincoln consumables and I always check the COO. Recently they've all being doing cheaper product lines made in china, though, so you have to be careful.

None of my welding machines are chinese, which is something I'm happy about.
    Murphy's Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

17. Likes ttoks liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist