+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HTP's NEW INVERTIG 400

Post Thanks / Like

HTP's NEW INVERTIG 400

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that HTP has officially released their new 400 amp TIG welder.
    We designed the all new HTP America® Invertig 400 AC/DC for heavy use in industrial settings, specifically for applications such as precision fabrication, motor sports and racing fabrication, heavy fabrication, pipe fabrication, aluminum fabrication, aerospace work and repair, along with work and repair in ship and rail yards. The Invertig 400 runs the following processes: TIG (GTAW), Pulsed TIG (GTAW-P), Stick (SMAW), and Pulsed Stick (SMAW-P). When connected to single phase 208-240V power, the Invertig 400 has the highest output of any welder on a 50 amp circuit — a full 350 amps of raw welding power. Additionally, the versatile Invertig 400 runs on 3-phase power from 208V to 575V, providing the full welding amperage range of 4 to 400 amps. The Invertig 400 features a rated output of 350 amps when run on single phase and a rated output of 400 amps, with a remarkable 100% duty cycle @ 300 amps, when run on 3-phase. If you have any questions drop them below as we would love to hear your thoughts!

https://www.usaweld.com/Invertig-400...g400parent.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    HTP America Inc.
    https://www.usaweld.com/default.asp
    847-357-0700
    Instagram: htpamerica_usaweld
    Facebook: HTP America - USAWELD
    Youtube: HTP America - USA Weld
    Drive a Lincoln, Drink a Miller, Weld with an HTP

2. Likes Oscar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HTP's NEW INVERTIG 400

So I gambled and bought one of these... just came in and feeling a little worried already.

Background: I wouldn't consider myself a welder, just an ME that also welds. I recently started working at a small aerospace company that only had a Miller Multimatic 220. I've been doing a lot of thinner gage (~1/8" thick) aluminum on the side for the past few years with my Dynasty 210DX at home and also bought a 210DX at my last job. However, we needed much more capacity here for thicker aluminum parts so I was looking around at 400 amp machines. Was considering the Miller Dynasty 400, Lincoln Aspect 375, and the HTP Invertig 400. Company said go ahead and get a new welder, try to keep it under $10k. I like my Dynasty 210, but damn, $11k for the 400?! I probably should have went with the Aspect 375, but I interviewed with Lincoln fresh out of college in 2009 and they didn't hire me, so I've kind of had a chip on my shoulder since then when it comes to Lincoln. Couldn't find anything really negative about the HTP and it had an attractive price tag so I decided to give it a shot.

The Millers I have bought in the past have came in fully assembled and bolted to a pallet, so I was a little surprised to see this come in with the cart/watercooler unassembled. This would normally just be a minor annoyance but the assembly instructions are crap. Really crap. The holes on the bottom rear bracket that holds the welder to the cart did not line up enough to thread the bolts into the welder, so I had to enlarge them slightly. Other than that, it went together fairly uneventfully.

There are also ZERO instructions for operation of the welder itself. I also cannot find any manuals for the 400 online.

I'll give additional feedback after I put some hours on it today.

Post Thanks / Like

That's odd, mine came fully assembled. I didn't bother asking for a manual since I figured it all out within about 15min. Post up your questions and I can try to answer them.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

Been welding a bit of mild steel today, seems to be doing a nice job so far. I'll have to dig some thick aluminum out and see what this thing's got.

Also, I don't care how easy it is to figure out, there needs to be a manual for it, and a copy should have came with the welder. At minimum, a PDF copy should be easy to find online. I shouldn't have to post questions on a random welding forum.

First question, why doesn't the amp readout change on the screen when I adjust it?

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I hear ya. Hopefully HTP takes note!

as for the amp readout on the LCD, it's because you have the pedal plugged in. That is why it shows your minimum amps, because the foot-pedal is at it's lowest position. If you disconnect the pedal, then the LCD display matches the red LED display right above it.

Post Thanks / Like

So what does the 2t mean? 4t? Spot? Reset?

I'll try giving them a call today...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedSlip7 View Post
    So what does the 2t mean? 4t? Spot? Reset?

I'll try giving them a call today...
    2T/4T the same as any TIG machine with those basic functions.

23minutes into the video:

Post Thanks / Like

there needs to be a manual for it, and a copy should have came with the welder. At minimum, a PDF copy should be easy to find online. I shouldn't have to post questions on a random welding forum.
    I agree.

My Invertig 221 came with a detailed manual/binder and also a basic setting cheat sheet. that comes in handy...
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I ended up reading through the 221 to familiarize myself with the welder terms/functions. Played around with the pulser on some thin steel tube caps which was easy to set up and worked well.

First time using a Pyrex cup; I don't think I'll be able to go back! Definitely have to be more careful with the torch though as they seem to chip easily.

11. Likes htpamerica_usaweld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

they seem to chip easily.
    That's what makes people go back, lol. They're great to get a better view of the puddle because you get to use both eyes to three-dimensionalize the area, as opposed to using a standard cup that can sometimes get in the way, and you end up using only one eye, inadvertently. That messes up with depth-perception, IMO. WeldTec makes quarts clear cups that are supposedly a lot tougher than pyrex. Then again, those borasilicate cups are supposed to be tough as well. I told HTP to both email & call you. Did they?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the constructive criticism. We will be making some changes to the shipping of the machine along with developing comprehensive assembly instructions.

We are in the process of finishing the manual, we would like it to be as detailed at the 221 manual but this machine has many more features so it is taking longer than expected. If you have any questions or concerns please give us a call at 847-357-0700.

Oscar did make a very detailed video on the functions of the 400, as that should give you a baseline. Hopefully the machine performs up to your standards and we are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
    HTP America Inc.
    https://www.usaweld.com/default.asp
    847-357-0700
    Instagram: htpamerica_usaweld
    Facebook: HTP America - USAWELD
    Youtube: HTP America - USA Weld
    Drive a Lincoln, Drink a Miller, Weld with an HTP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I told HTP to both email & call you. Did they?
    So did they? Told 'em to get on the ball!

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. Fact Check: Only welder on 50A circuit to reach 350 amps? Nope. Not even the first. At a clean 47A inrush.
    https://www.everlastgenerators.com/p...owertig-350ext
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

16. Dislikes TraditionalToolworks disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Hmm. Fact Check: Only welder on 50A circuit to reach 350 amps? Nope. Not even the first. At a clean 47A inrush.
    Stooping to your normal low, going into another vendors forum and poopoo'n their thread. I don't see them claiming the only welder on 50amp circuit to reach 350 amps, and even so, pretty tasteless of you to poopoo their welder in their forum. Doesn't surprise me for Everlast to do so hocking their green weenie.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, just keeping people honest. If you read their post above you would. HTP never has sponsored this forum like Everlast has. I think we've earned the right to point out a few facts and set a few more straight.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

19. Dislikes TraditionalToolworks disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

but can it run on 3-Φ and output 400A? BTW, they never said it was the first nor the only, just that it was at the highest output in the "50A circuit" class.

Quote Originally Posted by TraditionalToolworks View Post
    Stooping to your normal low, going into another vendors forum and poopoo'n their thread. I don't see them claiming the only welder on 50amp circuit to reach 350 amps, and even so, pretty tasteless of you to poopoo their welder in their forum. Doesn't surprise me for Everlast to do so hocking their green weenie.
    It's ok, let him. This HTP subforum does not belong to HTP, it belongs to the whole WeldingWeb community (HTP does not moderate this forum, just the regular WW mods/admins). There ain't gonna be deleted threads/posts like in the Everlast forum (which you won't see because they delete them, lol).
    Last edited by Oscar; 05-16-2020 at 12:08 AM.

21. Likes TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's ok, let him. This HTP subforum does not belong to HTP, it belongs to the whole WeldingWeb community (HTP does not moderate this forum, just the regular WW mods/admins). There ain't gonna be deleted threads/posts like in the Everlast forum (which you won't see because they delete them, lol).
    Yeah, same thing they do on Amazon to any objective reviews that have pro/con, if there's any con they have the review removed so nothing is there with anything negative about their product. That goes for both AHP and Everlast. The Internet is a small world though, and many people eventually see their true colors. There are a number of people happy with their machines, so they evidently fill a niche.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't know how Amazon works I guess. But oh well. And for interrupting this thread, ask Oscar, who has connections to HTP, which they admit above with his early copy how many times he has done that to our threads. I simply made a correction to a claim that they make. Not trying to run down the product. I'm sure it is a good product for the money. But folks like Oscar have been sure to put down our product in the past on our threads, and insert their own brand.
    Last edited by lugweld; 05-16-2020 at 01:51 AM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

but can it run on 3-Φ and output 400A? BTW, they never said it was the first nor the only, just that it was at the highest output in the "50A circuit" class.

I
    Which is exactly what I corrected. Because it isn't correct and a wrong statement. To be the highest output, it has to be higher than the Everlast, not equal to. The Everlast puts out 350 amps on 47 Amps and the Stel, puts out 350 on 50A.

We do have a 3 ph version available. But I didn't correct or say anything about that, other than the erroneous claim they made.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Cmon now Oscar, you can read. And I quote their O.P. "When connected to single phase 208-240V power, the Invertig 400 has the highest output of any welder on a 50 amp circuit — a full 350 amps of raw welding power."
    To say they have the highest output of any welder in a "50A circuit" is misleading at best, and well, just not the truth. And the 350EXT is available in 3 phase.

That's all I'm going to say about this. I pointed it out. My job is done. You can hem haw, and rewrite the facts all you want. Carry on. People have told me they are on to you Oscar.
    Last edited by lugweld; 05-16-2020 at 01:58 AM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Which is exactly what I corrected. Because it isn't correct and a wrong statement. To be the highest output, it has to be higher than the Everlast, not equal to. The Everlast puts out 350 amps on 47 Amps and the Stel, puts out 350 on 50A.
    But this is where you're actually wrong. The welder only uses 36 amps on 3 phase, and it's able to get 400 amps and has a 100% duty cycle at 300 amps.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't know how Amazon works I guess. But oh well. And for interrupting this thread, ask Oscar, who has connections to HTP, which they admit above with his early copy how many times he has done that to our threads. I simply made a correction to a claim that they make. Not trying to run down the product. I'm sure it is a good product for the money. But folks like Oscar have been sure to put down our product in the past on our threads, and insert their own brand.
    Nope, wrong. No "connection" needed nor does one exist other than regular phone calls and email to their office. They announced the machine back in late October/early November 2019 on their public Facebook page. That's how I found out about it, just as others found out about it as well. The post on their FB is there, you can check when they posted it. I called and asked, and they agreed to sell me one. Simple as that. They value me as a long-time customer and they knew I would be able to easily figure it out, so I had no trouble getting them to sell it to me And no, I don't recall jumping into your forum and bashing everlast. There are two threads in the Everlast forum that I posted in. Neither were bashing Everlast. But Lots of other people bash Everlast here on weldingweb though, lol. Those are the ones you should worry about because they are sometimes your own customers! Lol.

28. Likes metalman21 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t have a 400, but I do have a 221. All I can say about HTP is they are the only company I know where I got a call on a Sunday to answer my support question!

Post Thanks / Like

We do have a 3 ph version available. But I didn't correct or say anything about that, other than the erroneous claim they made.
    And where is your 3 phase version? Certainly not the 350EXT you linked to, that looks like a single phase until only. Or are you saying that your 325EXT stacks up to the Ivertig 400?

HTP has their unit in their warehouse and shipping, how do people get the green weenie? Do they put their best weld under their pillow and the tooth fairy brings it the next morning if the weld meets approval ?

I also notice you don't include the HTP in your cross brand comparison on your 350EXT page.

You guys at the green weenie factory are really deceptive.

But Lots of other people bash Everlast here on weldingweb though, lol. Those are the ones you should worry about because they are sometimes your own customers! Lol.
    Actually they are most often their customers...I think that says something about the company in itself. Caveat Emptor.

Post Thanks / Like

Received the following e-mail from a potential customer inquiring about the availability of the 221 when we were our of stock:

"When will the invertig 221 with water cooler be available. I do not want or need the dual voltage machine. 220v only with a water cooler. My crappy everlast 325ext just blew the inverter up and I'm done with them. Hopefully you can help me in getting an htp as I have read it's a great machine. Thanks for your time. Chris."

I then followed up with the potential customer once we were in the position to ship welders:

Sorry I had to buy something to get me up and running. I bought a miller synchrowave 210 and not very happy with it.
    I may finish this project and sell it to buy the htp from you. I've used the htp and loved it.
    Jeff Noland

Drive a Lincoln
    Drink a Miller
    Weld with an HTP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist