Thread: New Member Intro

Post Thanks / Like

New Member Intro

I'm a mechanical engineer and my major hobbies are woodworking and beer brewing.

My current welding need came when I was looking for a way to mobilize my 650# wood lathe. I have it on load leveling casters but that raises the height of the lathe by 3-1/2".On the woodworking forums I have seen a couple have made their nice "Lift, Lock 'n Roll" that will help lower the lathe so I looked into it.The material including casters is around $120-$160. This encouraged me to buy a Harbor Freight Flux 150 welder for $105.Looking forward to get more experience on here

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Member Intro

Welcome!
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your stay.
    Chris
    Auction Addict

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,
    My name is Terrance, I am an Army Veteran with over 32 years of welding experience. I currently own a welding company called Black Steel Welding Inc. We are located in New York City. I'm here to network with other welders (hopefully in the nearby area).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the group. You entered welding in the way many of us did. You had a genuine need to get something done, and bought an entry level machine. Don't get me wrong, I did a lot of welding with a basic machine, and got usable results.
    If the frame of your lathe is cast iron, read up on what kind of wire give you the best results with that material.
    High Desert Dweller

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to both of you!

Prizealot - have you looked at the typical mobile bases for woodworking equipment? They position the equipment close to the floor (less than 1" lift) yet allow easy movement. In essence an angle iron frame goes under the equipment base with the wheels mounted on the side of the frame instead of below it. You might want to copy that design.

Terrence, I can tell from your photo that you're the boss and not one of the grunts, cuz you're way too clean in that pic! LOL. Pls be sure to post pix of some of your projects; we like pix!

Scott
    Miller Trailblazer Pro 350D
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP