Thread: Are these regulators worth having restored/rebuilt?

Post Thanks / Like

Are these regulators worth having restored/rebuilt?

I’d just like to get some opinions if these are worth paying to have them restored/rebuilt by RegulatorRepair.com?
    Victor SR410 Acetylene and a Linde R64 Oxy.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Trevor73402; 07-12-2021 at 09:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are these regulators worth having restored/rebuilt?

Definitely worth rebuilding , especially the oxweld R64. I have four R64s that I bought 48 years ago. Best regulators ever made.Wish they still made them.

Post Thanks / Like

Find a dealer doing the Victor trade in program and buy 2 new Victor SR450 for 8?.00 each....cheaper than rebuilds but still awesome regs.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend who owned a scrap yard gave me an old chrome O2 regulator 10-12 years ago. It had laid outside for years, and the gauges had a water/rust line at angle across them. I put it in a drawer, and forgot about it, for a while.

My wife wanted me to build her a CO2 'carbonator' to make fizzy drinks. Being a cheap b****d, I thought I'd see if I could fix the O2 regulator, and convert it to CO2, (I already had a new CO2 tank connector & nut to swap out the O2). I can't recall the brand name of the regulator, I don't want to go look, but it was a 'big name'. I looked around for parts, and found a good old boy down south somewhere, who biz it's been for 40-50 years to rebuild regulators. He hooked me up with a rebuild kit, gave me tips, and I learned how easy it is to rebuilt regulators. I was even able to salvage one of the gauges.

I can probably dig up the guy's name/contact, if you decide to rebuild them. If you pay to have them done, AND buy new gauges, it might not be cost effective. Do it, yourself, and it might save you some $$. But given what I've seen some good used Oxy-Acet sell fro on Craigs List, it may not be worth it.

Good luck,

GeoD