+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Powermax 30 air

Post Thanks / Like

Powermax 30 air

I just bought a used powermax 30 air and it has a different design on the gun compared to my powermax 45. It has a plastic deflector with number 420399 that seems to be burned. In the consumable kit there are only Cooper ones with holes in it and they look Quite different but has the same part number. I also see Jim from hypertherm not recommending the plastic deflector on thicker cuts but what about the copper ones?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Powermax 30 air

I read the Jim didn’t like the deflector on thicker cuts too. I thought he said the same for any cuts. I was very disappointed with how my 30 air cut. So I took it off and was very happy/ impressed with how much better it cut. Any one else see similar results? I had the metal deflector.
    Last edited by Landroverbill; 07-16-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I will test mine with the metal deflector today and see if I get the same result. With the plastic deflector if I didn't keep a distance to the work piece I got molten metal on the nozzle with my first test cut so I assumed something was wrong. I don't have much experience with plasma cutters tho so it could be user error.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  20210716_215111.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  64.8 KB

Here is the one that was installed on the gun when I got it. Now all the parts with this number is copper and has holes on the sides. Also the ones in the kit I got. I guess it's just to get some testing done and see if I can spot the difference in performance

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist