+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Longevity Forcecut 62i Raw Arc Voltage

Post Thanks / Like

New Longevity Forcecut 62i Raw Arc Voltage

I recently bought a new Longevity Forcecut 62i. This plasma cutter says its cnc ready however the new one doesn't have a cnc port with the machine anymore. I have it hooked up to my cnc table however i'm trying to setup a torch height controller and i need the following information if anyone has it. I emailed longevity and i was told they are asking their engineer however i havent heard anything back yet. I'm looking for the wiring schematics or information about where the raw arc voltage is located because i need to setup a 50:1 raw arc voltage converter.

Here is an exert from the THC controller i'm looking at connecting to my plasma cutter

"The proportional correlation is the longer the arc the higher the voltage. So, we can measure the plasma voltage and feed that into a PID Algorithm to calculate the torch height to change the voltage to a setpoint. It is unwise to measure the Arc Voltage Directly off the plasma torch because the levels there can be deadly. Most CNC ready Plasma Cutters on the market have 50:1 - 16:1 arc voltage dividers built right into the machine. If yours doesn't have this then you will need to do surgery and add a voltage divider circuit to your plasma cutter... Check the Technical Specs of your plasma cutter: Don't Die."

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Longevity Forcecut 62i Raw Arc Voltage

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyja View Post
    I recently bought a new Longevity Forcecut 62i. This plasma cutter says its cnc ready however the new one doesn't have a cnc port with the machine anymore. I have it hooked up to my cnc table however i'm trying to setup a torch height controller and i need the following information if anyone has it. I emailed longevity and i was told they are asking their engineer however i havent heard anything back yet. I'm looking for the wiring schematics or information about where the raw arc voltage is located because i need to setup a 50:1 raw arc voltage converter.

Here is an exert from the THC controller i'm looking at connecting to my plasma cutter

"The proportional correlation is the longer the arc the higher the voltage. So, we can measure the plasma voltage and feed that into a PID Algorithm to calculate the torch height to change the voltage to a setpoint. It is unwise to measure the Arc Voltage Directly off the plasma torch because the levels there can be deadly. Most CNC ready Plasma Cutters on the market have 50:1 - 16:1 arc voltage dividers built right into the machine. If yours doesn't have this then you will need to do surgery and add a voltage divider circuit to your plasma cutter... Check the Technical Specs of your plasma cutter: Don't Die."

Thank you
    Strange that the manufacturer's engineer did not give any recommendation!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist