Thread: Harbor Freight Titanium Easy Flux 125

Post Thanks / Like

Harbor Freight Titanium Easy Flux 125

I stick weld, mig weld, and do flux core in my shop. Each one has it's strong points. However, I find myself reaching for self shielded flux core most of the time for quick repairs. That is pretty much all I run in my suitcase welder with my engine drive. I wanted a small light machine that I could leave dedicated to flux core for tacking, small repairs, and quick fab jobs. After reading reviews on the HF Titanium Easy Flux 125, I took the leap. And I am NOT disappointed! This little guy is an inverter machine that runs on 120v only. It only weighs 15 lbs. I didn't even try the Vulcan wire that came with it. I picked up a 1 lb spool of .030 Lincoln NR-211. Man it runs it buttery smooth with little to no spatter! I'm very impressed with the heat output. It's rated for 3/16" but I think with proper technique it could easily do 1/4" in a single pass. The spatter is honestly not much more than solid wire mig with this Lincoln wire. The only down side to the machine is that it does not take 10 lb spools. At the same time that is a good thing as well because it forces me to keep fresh wire in the machine. I may pick up some Hobart 21B as well because it comes in 2 lb spools. It will run .035 wire as well but I'm thinking it's better suited for the .030. If anyone is looking for a small 110 machine I cannot recommend this highly enough. It is no heavier than a case of beer (but physically about the size of a 12 pack). And it is quite possibly the smoothest flux core machine I've ran. This will be my go to machine for tacking, small fab jobs, and buddy repair jobs where I need portability. It is currently on sale at HF for $179.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Lincoln Ranger 305g
    Miller X-Treme 8VS Suitcase Feeder
    Lincoln Powermig 210 MP
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone
    Amico MMA-160

Titanium Easy Flux 125
    A pile of grinders.

2. Likes Broccoli1, Agape Guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harbor Freight Titanium Easy Flux 125

I agree, that thing is the best Bang-for-the-Buck out there. I did much as you did, went to HomeDepot for a spool of Lincoln wire (for all I know the Vulcan wire is fine, but I Know the Lincoln is ) and was amazed at how well it welded when I first ran a bead with it!

There really is a place for everybody in their welder needs for a tiny, 120v, super transportable, easy to use, machine like this. You want to climb-up on your roof and tack something?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaTu View Post
    I agree, that thing is the best Bang-for-the-Buck out there. I did much as you did, went to HomeDepot for a spool of Lincoln wire (for all I know the Vulcan wire is fine, but I Know the Lincoln is ) and was amazed at how well it welded when I first ran a bead with it!

There really is a place for everybody in their welder needs for a tiny, 120v, super transportable, easy to use, machine like this. You want to climb-up on your roof and tack something?
    Have you tried the Hobart wire in this machine also?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Lincoln Ranger 305g
    Miller X-Treme 8VS Suitcase Feeder
    Lincoln Powermig 210 MP
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone
    Amico MMA-160

Titanium Easy Flux 125
    A pile of grinders.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used it enough to even come close to running out of the Lincoln yet

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine. I always use mine portably with a WEN 3800-watt generator with no issue whatsoever. And although I've only used the welder 4 times over the last couple of years, for small jobs (e.g., custom bracket, fixes to metal lawn chairs for my neighbors, golf cart's canopy fix for a local high school), it always impresses and performs flawlessly! I also only use Lincoln .030 NR-211 flux core.
    Agape Guy
    Everlast Power I-MIG 200 (dual voltage)
    Everlast SM200N Spool Gun (aluminum mig welding)
    Everlast PowerArc 200 stick
    Harbor Freight Titanium 125 Easy Flux
    Hypertherm Powermax 30 plasma cutter
    Way too many power tools

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using mine a lot lately. One thing I think that needs to be changed is the gun angle. It's only about 25 degrees from straight (so 65 from perpendicular). My older budget welder had a better angle: 40 degrees from straight (50 degrees from perpendicular). If you're trying to get a 15 degree tip angle the Flux 125 requires a lot of arm bending. I heard of someone adding some more bend...I think I'll do the same. The manufacturer should change it as well...there's no reason for such a shallow angle.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a Titanium 125 flux machine, but I love the Lincoln NR 211 as well, it seems to me that most of the HF machines have a funky gun angle for the tip.
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

9. Likes xmmancharl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Titanium 125: Order it now. Receive it next June, according to the website.

The factory must have shut down for Covid or something.

And - this means if you need a warranty exchange, HF doesn't have one to give you.
    HF MIG-180 with all the mods.
    Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig Pulse 130/160.
    Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post

And - this means if you need a warranty exchange, HF doesn't have one to give you.
    That's for online orders. Perhaps they are only full-filling sales from brick-n-mortar locations. Might just be due to to the container backlog at the ports.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

That will loss a lot of sales.

It very odd to see a date so far out maybe on sailing ship to save money.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I need some light welding done at my house in town but no 240v power there. I was going to buy the HF Titanium Flux 125. It looked to also be handy for light projects at the ranch.

But now HF says no Titanium 125's in the stores and none from mailorder.

I went back to an Amazon welder I had seen with similar specs plus dual voltage. 30 amp slo-blow breaker (nobody has that in their home!) required for full output on 110 volt input but also 130 amp output from a 220v welder receptacle, which I have at the ranch - so this may take the place of my MIG-180 for some lightweight ranch projects.

Also claimed 60% duty cycle at 130 amps output. The specs seem about as un-credible as HF's, but it does seem to be a suitable replacement for the unobtainable HF-125.

Warranty? Better than HF's. Free return to Amazon until 1-31-2022, four year fix/replace warranty (including shipping) for $29.95, from an Amazon affiliate who confirmed their coverage steps in if the vendor disappears.

When I saw the price on this dual-voltage welder drop from $189 to $149 last week I thought why not. I ordered one Wednesday, it arrived Friday. It uses the same tips and nozzle as my HF welder and I see repair parts on Ebay, so there is some support available in addition to what the vendor offers.

Now I need to set it up and see if it works as well as the company's other welders that have decent reviews. A new toy!

Anybody else have experience with Amico gear?

Amico MIG-130A, 130 amp dual voltage flux welder
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great 👍
    Let us how it welds with photos 📸

Dave

I need some light welding done at my house in town but no 240v power there. I was going to buy the HF Titanium Flux 125. It looked to also be handy for light projects at the ranch.

But now HF says no Titanium 125's in the stores and none from mailorder.

I went back to an Amazon welder I had seen with similar specs plus dual voltage. 30 amp slo-blow breaker (nobody has that in their home!) required for full output on 110 volt input but also 130 amp output from a 220v welder receptacle, which I have at the ranch - so this may take the place of my MIG-180 for some lightweight ranch projects.

Also claimed 60% duty cycle at 130 amps output. The specs seem about as un-credible as HF's, but it does seem to be a suitable replacement for the unobtainable HF-125.

Warranty? Better than HF's. Free return to Amazon until 1-31-2022, four year fix/replace warranty (including shipping) for $29.95, from an Amazon affiliate who confirmed their coverage steps in if the vendor disappears.

When I saw the price on this dual-voltage welder drop from $189 to $149 last week I thought why not. I ordered one Wednesday, it arrived Friday. It uses the same tips and nozzle as my HF welder and I see repair parts on Ebay, so there is some support available in addition to what the vendor offers.

Now I need to set it up and see if it works as well as the company's other welders that have decent reviews. A new toy!

Anybody else have experience with Amico gear?

Amico MIG-130A, 130 amp dual voltage flux welder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Looks great 
    Let us how it welds with photos.

Dave
    Photos soon. It didn't start out well. Instructions said stretch out the gun in a straight line then hold down the trigger until the wire comes out the tip. Ok, I did that.

But it stopped feeding after a moment and wouldn't resume. What I couldn't see from out at the far end of the 6 ft gun cable was the wire had stalled then pushed out as a tangle at the feed roller.

The feed motor is plenty strong but the stall seems to have fried the trigger's relay inside the welder. The gun switch tests good (ohmmeter across the connector that plugs to the chassis socket), and the wire feed button on the control panel feeds fine, but now the gun won't make it feed. A jumper across the connectors in the socket where the trigger wires go into the chassis also won't feed.

I investigated where the wire stalled and discovered the gun liner starts at a nasty shoulder a couple of inches in, beyond the hollow mini-Dinse that connects to the chassis. I tried pushing a sample of wire past that shoulder and it has to be lined up extremely precise to go past the shoulder and then up the liner.

I sent the welder back for free warranty replacement and the next one should arrive Saturday.

I'll always disconnect that hollow Dinse and hand-feed the wire past that nasty shoulder into the gun liner, in the future.

From Amazon there's free return until 1/31, and a month to buy a 4 year warranty for $30. I plan to buy the warranty!

User reviews relate a few experiences same as mine, so that shoulder in there seems to be a design defect that is costing them some warranty returns. Our HF welders with non-removable guns work better. On them when you see the wire enter the liner then there's nothing else for it to hang on.

Anyhow its a real pretty looking machine. And the wire feed is strong. I never heard it slow down before that curl of wire pushed out the side by the feed roller and it stopped feeding.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great
    Let us how it welds with photos

Dave
    The Amico 130A replacement came. Based on very limited testing it works great.

All I have here at home in town to test it with, was an old rusty iron fencepost. First trial at 2/3 of max settings melted into one of the three ribs on the fencepost. Dialed down to 50% I could sort of run a bead down the edge of that rib, with the rust and paint there causing the expected spitting.

I can't wait to get back over to the ranch and put it to use.

I'll go ahead and buy the 4 year $30 warranty. It looks nice and seems to be reasonable quality but durability is unknown.

My guess is it's a minor step up from HF quality. It seems to be comparable to the Titanium 125. There's a panel showing the current selected, and the 110/220v input means it is more likely to put out a real 130 amps (using 220 input) compared to a 110v-only welder that claims 130A when using 30A input - a circuit that most people don't have. The 60% duty cycle at 130 amps seems wildly optimistic when the manual says .030 flux wire is preferable and .035 can overheat it.

This isn't a production tool, just something for hobby work or in my case, a nice portable substitute for the three other bulky welders I have for occasional farm repairs. Yes it's worth the $149. ($179 with the needed warranty).
    Last edited by California; 5 Days Ago at 06:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Grabbed one of the Titanium Easy Flux 125s yesterday, local store had 9 in stock. Black Friday price was $169.99. My oldest son borrowed my Hobart Handler 135 several years ago, and my other Migs are 230V. I wanted a lightweight 120V unit for flux core to take on desert trips in our motorhome, as well as just a handy unit for around the house. The reviews here and elsewhere convinced me to go this way. I'll give it a test run next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teachu2 View Post
    Grabbed one of the Titanium Easy Flux 125s yesterday, local store had 9 in stock. Black Friday price was $169.99. My oldest son borrowed my Hobart Handler 135 several years ago, and my other Migs are 230V. I wanted a lightweight 120V unit for flux core to take on desert trips in our motorhome, as well as just a handy unit for around the house. The reviews here and elsewhere convinced me to go this way. I'll give it a test run next weekend.
    Where did you find it? I'm a little north of you (outer SF region) and HF showed none in the region, just order now for delivery next May.

Post Thanks / Like

Bakersfield. Call your local store and ask. Mine had 9 in the back, none on the shelf.
    Miller 250P, MM210, Bobcat 250
    Lincoln 225AC/DC, Pro-Mig 175
    Lotos Cut 50
    PrimeWeld TIG225X
    Titanium Easy Flux 125

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like they ran out front door.

Dave

Bakersfield. Call your local store and ask. Mine had 9 in the back, none on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

I did. When the website showed none anywhere I phoned the local store, they checked nearby stores for me, and I also called the HF over on I-80 that I pass between home and ranch. No Titanium 125's anywhere.

I had recently done all that to locate a $51 closeout long-nose Earthquake model 1 impact wrench when the website said 'Low stock, call your store'. There were only two in NorCal, in Vallejo, so I stopped by there to buy mine.

I think you're going to like your Titanium 125. Just be sure to get the extended warranty, they might not have a spare for exchange if needed. Maybe they would give you a more expensive model?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like they ran out front door.

Dave
    We don't allow that to happen here, at least so far.
    Lotos Cut 50
    PrimeWeld TIG225X
    Titanium Easy Flux 125

Post Thanks / Like

Just be sure to get the extended warranty, they might not have a spare for exchange if needed. Maybe they would give you a more expensive model?
    No extended warranties for me. If it lasts 30 minutes, will probably last 30 years. I'm not dependent on it anyway, I have lots of redundancy in welders.
    Lotos Cut 50
    PrimeWeld TIG225X
    Titanium Easy Flux 125

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they would give you a more expensive model?

The.world is truly upside down when Newer. Bigger. More expensive... Would not be acceptable...
    Last edited by tapwelder; 3 Days Ago at 02:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It happens any place on earth.
    They use magic

Dave

We don't allow that to happen here, at least so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Back to describing the Amico MIG-130A, 130 amp dual voltage flux welder (described above) that I bought when there were no more Titanium 125's shown available in NorCal or 200 mile radius - Redding, Reno, clear down to Fresno.

I finally got over to the ranch and ran a second brief trial. It's powerful! The screen shows up to 130 amps welding current whether its plugged into 120 or 240 volts.

With 125V input and 80 showing on the screen it tripped the overload breaker in the HF 4 ft power strip above my bench. And that looked like a plenty hot weld.

So I plugged into the plugin GFI (with male and female 125V connectors) at the barn's wall socket. This broke the GFI, it won't reset. (It's old, maybe it was ready to die). I suspect the Amico is pulling more than 15 amps when the screen shows 80 amps output, and 125v input.

So to get the fan going again I plugged it into the 240V welder outlet. This works fine at any setting, in fact I burned through the 1/8" test scrap when I set it to show 130 amps.

Summary - if you have a 240 volt welder outlet then this Amico has more power than a 120-only welder run on house current. Its a keeper. HF should be selling these!
    Last edited by California; 2 Days Ago at 02:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree
    I have own and try the 120 volt 2 times in life. They just did not do a good job and the breaker flip a lot.

The HF 170 is a 240 volt and works great 👍. It is very close to my Miller welder I had but great for small shops.

Dave

Back to describing the Amico MIG-130A, 130 amp dual voltage flux welder (described above) that I bought when there were no more Titanium 125's shown available in NorCal or 200 mile radius - Redding, Reno, clear down to Fresno.

I finally got over to the ranch and ran a second brief trial. It's powerful! The screen shows up to 130 amps welding current whether its plugged into 120 or 240 volts.

With 125V input and 80 showing on the screen it tripped the overload breaker in the HF 4 ft power strip above my bench. And that looked like a plenty hot weld.

So I plugged into the plugin GFI (with male and female 125V connectors) at the barn's wall socket. This broke the GFI, it won't reset. (It's old, maybe it was ready to die). I suspect the Amico is pulling more than 15 amps when the screen shows 80 amps output, and 125v input.

So to get the fan going again I plugged it into the 240V welder outlet. This works fine at any setting, in fact I burned through the 1/8" test scrap when I set it to show 130 amps.

Summary - if you have a 240 volt welder outlet then this Amico has more power than a 120-only welder run on house current. Its a keeper. HF should be selling these!