Thread: Harbor Freight Titanium Easy Flux 125

Post Thanks / Like

Harbor Freight Titanium Easy Flux 125

I stick weld, mig weld, and do flux core in my shop. Each one has it's strong points. However, I find myself reaching for self shielded flux core most of the time for quick repairs. That is pretty much all I run in my suitcase welder with my engine drive. I wanted a small light machine that I could leave dedicated to flux core for tacking, small repairs, and quick fab jobs. After reading reviews on the HF Titanium Easy Flux 125, I took the leap. And I am NOT disappointed! This little guy is an inverter machine that runs on 120v only. It only weighs 15 lbs. I didn't even try the Vulcan wire that came with it. I picked up a 1 lb spool of .030 Lincoln NR-211. Man it runs it buttery smooth with little to no spatter! I'm very impressed with the heat output. It's rated for 3/16" but I think with proper technique it could easily do 1/4" in a single pass. The spatter is honestly not much more than solid wire mig with this Lincoln wire. The only down side to the machine is that it does not take 10 lb spools. At the same time that is a good thing as well because it forces me to keep fresh wire in the machine. I may pick up some Hobart 21B as well because it comes in 2 lb spools. It will run .035 wire as well but I'm thinking it's better suited for the .030. If anyone is looking for a small 110 machine I cannot recommend this highly enough. It is no heavier than a case of beer (but physically about the size of a 12 pack). And it is quite possibly the smoothest flux core machine I've ran. This will be my go to machine for tacking, small fab jobs, and buddy repair jobs where I need portability. It is currently on sale at HF for $179.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Lincoln Ranger 305g
    Miller X-Treme 8VS Suitcase Feeder
    Lincoln Powermig 210 MP
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone
    Amico MMA-160

Titanium Easy Flux 125
    A pile of grinders.

2. Likes Broccoli1, Agape Guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harbor Freight Titanium Easy Flux 125

I agree, that thing is the best Bang-for-the-Buck out there. I did much as you did, went to HomeDepot for a spool of Lincoln wire (for all I know the Vulcan wire is fine, but I Know the Lincoln is ) and was amazed at how well it welded when I first ran a bead with it!

There really is a place for everybody in their welder needs for a tiny, 120v, super transportable, easy to use, machine like this. You want to climb-up on your roof and tack something?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaTu View Post
    I agree, that thing is the best Bang-for-the-Buck out there. I did much as you did, went to HomeDepot for a spool of Lincoln wire (for all I know the Vulcan wire is fine, but I Know the Lincoln is ) and was amazed at how well it welded when I first ran a bead with it!

There really is a place for everybody in their welder needs for a tiny, 120v, super transportable, easy to use, machine like this. You want to climb-up on your roof and tack something?
    Have you tried the Hobart wire in this machine also?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Lincoln Ranger 305g
    Miller X-Treme 8VS Suitcase Feeder
    Lincoln Powermig 210 MP
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone
    Amico MMA-160

Titanium Easy Flux 125
    A pile of grinders.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used it enough to even come close to running out of the Lincoln yet

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine. I always use mine portably with a WEN 3800-watt generator with no issue whatsoever. And although I've only used the welder 4 times over the last couple of years, for small jobs (e.g., custom bracket, fixes to metal lawn chairs for my neighbors, golf cart's canopy fix for a local high school), it always impresses and performs flawlessly! I also only use Lincoln .030 NR-211 flux core.
    Agape Guy
    Everlast Power I-MIG 200 (dual voltage)
    Everlast SM200N Spool Gun (aluminum mig welding)
    Everlast PowerArc 200 stick
    Harbor Freight Titanium 125 Easy Flux
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Way too many power tools