+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Powermax 30xp no ppwer

Post Thanks / Like

Powermax 30xp no ppwer

Hello,

I have a powermax 30xp I purchased new back around 2015 I believe. I use it semi-regularly.

Today while using it all the lights on the machine shut off and I am un able to get them to work. I had just completed a cut and when i set the torch down it dropped off the table and hit the concrete floor. The next cut it was no longer working with no lights on.

I have checked and replaced the consumables. They are good and currently new. No change. I pulled the torch handle apart and checked all connections and switches and they appear to be workimg properly. I checked and have power afyer the switch.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Powermax 30xp no ppwer

Where did you buy your consumables?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ben_john7 View Post
    Where did you buy your consumables?
    I have some off brand and Hypotherm. At the time it stopped working I was using the off brand. I swapped some Hypotherms in and still didn't work.

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering if you were able to get your PMX30 XP working yet? Have you contacted Hypertherm technical service yet about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear9350 View Post
    Hello,

I have a powermax 30xp I purchased new back around 2015 I believe. I use it semi-regularly.

Today while using it all the lights on the machine shut off and I am un able to get them to work. I had just completed a cut and when i set the torch down it dropped off the table and hit the concrete floor. The next cut it was no longer working with no lights on.

I have checked and replaced the consumables. They are good and currently new. No change. I pulled the torch handle apart and checked all connections and switches and they appear to be workimg properly. I checked and have power afyer the switch.

Post Thanks / Like

I did contact their support. I ran a few tests to check for power at a few locations. Based on those results I likely need to replace the powerboard. It's a $650 part so I haven't ordered it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really sorry to hear that. We're always hoping that it's going to be an easy fix first. Maybe now is the time to consider upgrading to larger system? we have a trade-in program where you can get money for system even if it doesn't power on and the value of your trade in depends on the system you are buying not trading in. However, if you choose to buy a new board i'm sure your 30xp will run fantastic and provide you with many more years of cutting. If you choose to at least look into the option contact your authorized distributor about the program. Good luck and i'm sorry again to hear about the repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear9350 View Post
    I did contact their support. I ran a few tests to check for power at a few locations. Based on those results I likely need to replace the powerboard. It's a $650 part so I haven't ordered it yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist