Thread: New to WeldingWeb

Post Thanks / Like

New to WeldingWeb

Hello All,

New to the website not new to welding though I qualify my remark by saying I can weld but I am not a welder. No formal training really. Started out welding galvanized HVAC roof units before I learned the fumes are not good! Training for Mig then was; There's the helmet, this switch turns it on! Then on to Tig welding brake backing plates. Helmet and foot pedal timing was a challenge and there was no sleep that night due to burning eyes. It has improved in the last 45 years.

I own a machine shop and used the welder for jobs there along with projects for friends and neighbors. Just sold a Miller 211 Mig and getting ready to purchase a Miller 220 Multimatic machine because I want to get back into Tig welding again.

I am a car enthusiast and making brackets and parts for the cars is my retirement therapy now. I found my way here because I am looking for ideas for a welding cart to handle the new machine and equipment in one spot. Surprised that I did not find any pics of members project carts but certain I just haven't looked in the right spot yet.

The first project I am looking to take on is to build a welding cart. Thought about a ZTFab purchase and may still but I will have to alter their design to accommodate a whim that this welding cart will have to have tires/wheels from a racing Go-Kart. (It's that car thing) Hey I have nothing but time to figure it out and hone my Tig skills to boot!

Good news is the wider stance will make it more stable since it will need 2, 7" gas cylinders for the Mig and Tig functions. The wide little tires pose a challenge since 2 of them need to turn to move it around and accommodating the swing needs room.

Thanks in advance for your patience and ideas.

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to WeldingWeb

Welcome to group

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to WW M3. Have a look at this thread if you have not a
    ready done so. https://weldingweb.com/vbb/threads/5...ng+cart+thread
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Welding Web! There's a great bunch of people here & will help you anyway they can.
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN