+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trying to find a manual for a century model 117-052-02

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to find a manual for a century model 117-052-02

I have a 94 century welder model 117-052-02 that I inherited. I really like it and use it alot. I had the user/service manual with parts list but I can not find it and need to get some parts for it. Can anyone help me out with finding a PDF manual for it? It be greatly appreciated..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trying to find a manual for a century model 117-052-02

Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Klutch 120v Plasma cutter
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Thank you very much I will try there.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you find what you were looking for?

I have two Century model 117's. An old, brown one, (Powermate 75 117-027) and a newer red one, (Century.100..117-050).

When I got the older one, I started to test drive it, and the power level knob broke off in my hand. They had tried to glue the plastic shaft back together. I looked and looked for a replacement part, and ended up finding specs and info in some unusual places. One was Sears. I just opened the link for the 117-050 I had saved, and found a link to the model you have:

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/mod...2-welder-parts

What I ended up doing was finding a generic rotary switch from China, via eBay. I paid a fraction of the cost of Century replacement part, if they had been available, which nothing seemed to be available, except used.

The switch I got from China was a beast. All brass, steel with huge copper contacts. It looked like something made in the US, in the 50-60's. The only plastic part is the knob I put on it.

What kind of parts are you looking for? I've fixed a lot of welders in the last 40 years. One of the things about the little Century welders, which make them a gem for light duty welding is they used good quality, brand name components to build them. The newer one I have needs a wire feed motor. I planned on repairing it, and giving it to a kd I know to get him stated in welding, (only paid $50 for he welder.) The feed motor in both of the Centurys I have are the same motor used in the first MIG I bought in the '80's. A Millermatic 30. When I opened the case on the old one, (bought it, first), I saw the wire feed motor, and I thought, "Oh, hello, old friend!" LOL

Let me know if you need some info, or help. These welders are like an old '55 Chev, easy to fix, and not very complicated. Unlike the Lincoln MIG/TIG/Stick Square Wave Inverter I'm trying to sort out.

GeoD

5. Likes Broccoli1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you I will check out that link.. I use mine for about everything and like it more then my newer one... I'm looking for the part that my wire goes on and after my feed wheel it has build up I can't seem to get cleaned off and am sure it is building up in my line... I appreciate you responding and helping me out

Post Thanks / Like

"part that my wire goes on"

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you post an image?

It's been a while since I had a MIG box open, and my memory is suspect because of a brain injury. An image would help to refresh my memory and so I can make sure you box has the same parts as mine.

I'm about to convert my newer Century to use as a DC TIG unit, so I will likely have some spare parts, since I won't be needing my wire feed, if it works.

A trick for keeping you wire clean, pre-wire feed roller: use a clothespin or such, and clip some Scotch Brite on the wire. You have to make sure the pad doesn't get sucked into the feed mechanism, but I don't recall that being a huge challenge. I used the Scotch Brite trick for several years before I started using Lubematic's products, but that was a long time ago.

There's a company called Lubematic who make little abrasive cleaner pads, with a spring clip on them, and a similar lube pad, which clips on, right behind it. I've used their products since the '80's, and haven't had any problems with wire rust or contamination fouling the wire feed in your MIG cable &/or tearing up the liner. You can buy a can of Lubematic lube to refresh the lube pad, as well.

Here's a link to MSC's site, a Lubematic seller, for all three products:

Lubematic Red Cleaning Pad
    https://www.mscdirect.com/product/de...rItem=84238633

Lubematic Black Lube Pad
    https://www.mscdirect.com/product/de...rItem=84238625

Lubematic 5oz Liquid Lube
    https://www.mscdirect.com/product/de...rItem=84238617

Post Thanks / Like

I will be happy to get you a picture of it. I will do that today thank you for your response and your offering of help it is appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Sir I am having a hard time figuring out how to post an image

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a way II can get you these pics?

Post Thanks / Like

I have found Century owners manuals here. https://www.centurytool.net/117_052_...1-345-000a.htm
    They are $8. I hate to pay for an Owners Manual that should come with the unit and be available for free, but I just may have to break down and buy it too ha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HMJ72 View Post
    I have a 94 century welder model 117-052-02 that I inherited. I really like it and use it alot. I had the user/service manual with parts list but I can not find it and need to get some parts for it. Can anyone help me out with finding a PDF manual for it? It be greatly appreciated..
    HMJ72,

Just got back on the site, been busy for quite a while, haven't even had time to lurk...

I have a PDF with the manual and all other info I have downloaded for the welder, electrical schematics and some old contacts for parts (may not be valid anymore).

I still use mine, on the few occasions I get to weld anything, still working great. Got mine in the 90's as well.

Send me a PM with your email and I can send it to you.
    Mike "Dodis"

Century 135 MIG
    Miller Thunderbolt XL AC (working on DC converter) (SCORE! got a H/F box off eBay for this one too) now gotta get busy!!!
    Harbor Freight 130 TIG
    Oxy/Propane Victor Torch

13. Likes Artman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HMJ72 View Post
    Is there a way II can get you these pics?
    I sent you a Private Message with an email address in it.

Post Thanks / Like

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist