+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yeswelder mig 250 pro

Post Thanks / Like

Yeswelder mig 250 pro

Decent welder? Looking for a mig setup that is 500-550$. Saw the yeswelder but never heard of them.

Thanks for any input

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yeswelder mig 250 pro

Hard pass. I have one and can attest that it is not a 250 amp machine. Maximum output when using lift tig is 209 amps. I have measured voltage and amperage in manual mig welding mode and it struggles to exceed 180 amps. Synergistic settings are mess. Everything that the panel displays seems 20% off including wire feed speed, which is consistent with values provided during testing. With that said, it does weld fine when setup properly.

Post Thanks / Like

How about the prime weld 180

Post Thanks / Like

Personally never used the Mig 180, but know a few who use them daily. Seem to be an excellent mig for the price point, and the warranty cannot be beat. I do own a Primeweld 225X, and can assure you the quality is much better than the Yeswelder product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fball1208 View Post
    Decent welder? Looking for a mig setup that is 500-550$. Saw the yeswelder but never heard of them.

Thanks for any input
    Bought one. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
    Terrible roller system, nearly inaccessible to feed wire in...which you'll be doing a LOT because Birdsnests galore no matter WHAT setting or even roller I use. And yes, I'm using THEIR wire. Practically zero support...put a support ticket in and its now been 3 weeks...crickets.

Needless to say, I am asking them for my money back...hell I don't care if I need to pay a restock fee, I just want the piece of cr@p out of my shop.
    Enderle Property Services
    www.Enderleps.com
    Bellingham, WA

6. Likes Tillerdemon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after more research threw the yes welder out and went with a Prime Weld, So far great machine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tillerdemon View Post
    Personally never used the Mig 180, but know a few who use them daily. Seem to be an excellent mig for the price point, and the warranty cannot be beat. I do own a Primeweld 225X, and can assure you the quality is much better than the Yeswelder product.
    Sorry to hijack.... do you have issues on low amp ac work? My pw 225 doesn't seam to go below say 30 amps... startup is an inrush of about 50 amps when set at 70....

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So far haven’t done much low amp yet. Haven’t had any issues at all with it so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnderleFab View Post
    Bought one. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
    Terrible roller system, nearly inaccessible to feed wire in...which you'll be doing a LOT because Birdsnests galore no matter WHAT setting or even roller I use. And yes, I'm using THEIR wire. Practically zero support...put a support ticket in and its now been 3 weeks...crickets.

Needless to say, I am asking them for my money back...hell I don't care if I need to pay a restock fee, I just want the piece of cr@p out of my shop.
    Update: Yeswelder did the honorable thing and refunded my purchase in full. So Kudos to them for standing behind their guarantee.
    Enderle Property Services
    www.Enderleps.com
    Bellingham, WA

11. Likes goggins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slowxj View Post
    Sorry to hijack.... do you have issues on low amp ac work? My pw 225 doesn't seam to go below say 30 amps... startup is an inrush of about 50 amps when set at 70....

When TIGing low amps with the PW225X, try running it from 120VAC. It seems like my welder will go to a lower setting on 120 than on 240.
    Dave66
    =================
    Millermatic 211 (Transformer Based)
    Primeweld TIG 225X

Post Thanks / Like

And here I was about to announce that YesWelder has a 20% discount running on all welders but I guess they aren't any good after all.

I just spent big money on a Fronius TIG setup and was inclined to get that YesWelder 250 Pro for the little MIG needs a have. With the discount the 250 comes down to 430 bucks and free shipping.

I saw a couple YouTube reviews and those guys had no issues with the 250 pro. Amazon sits at 4.5 stars in average. Did anybody around here like this machine?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeswelder deletes negative Amazon reviews. The few YouTube videos that I have watched are guys that Yeswelder sent them the machine for free to post a video review, so I would expect nothing but rave reviews from that group. Not one of them actually tests the machines output.

15. Likes crockett, goggins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Late to respond - make sure your start current and upslope knobs are turned all the way off. Even though the peddle is supposed to override these parameters, it makes a huge difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tillerdemon View Post
    Late to respond - make sure your start current and upslope knobs are turned all the way off. Even though the peddle is supposed to override these parameters, it makes a huge difference.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks tillerdemon. I never bothered to try that on my PW225. If I need low low amps, I normally just plug into 120vac. Will give this a try...
    Dave66
    =================
    Millermatic 211 (Transformer Based)
    Primeweld TIG 225X

Post Thanks / Like

Does it help when using 120? I've only used 120 once and I was full pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Does it help when using 120? I've only used 120 once and I was full pedal

Not sure - never tried the welder on 120. Although the PW225 doesn't have the softest HF start when you turn the knobs all the way down you can fire on razor blades without much burn through, and zero burn through if you start the arc on the filler rod.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist