+ Reply to Thread

Thread: YesWelder Firstess MP200

Post Thanks / Like

YesWelder Firstess MP200

They are doing a Kickstarter release of their new welder (all of the early-bird super deals are gone, but some of the higher price offerings ($600) are still left).

This machine is geared towards the novice home-hobby welder, and not the experienced production welder market. It uses an LCD panel to display and configuration information. It even shows correct connections for setup.

It uses the "synergistic" setup mode. i.e. you give it your wire/rod type of steel, thickness of material, and process... and it sets itself up. There are some adjustments which are allowed for *some* processes to fine tune it's "best guess settings".
    There are power limitations, as it is a 110/220 volt model. The 200 amp rating (even at 220 volts), is a bit optimistic. For obvious reasons, you max out at about 140ish amps when running on 110v.

The processes are:
    Flux-Core Wire welding.
    Gas MIG Wire welding.
    Stick Welding.
    TIG welding.
    Plasma Torch Cutting.

The machine is DC-Only, and does not support a spool gun. For most, that means NO Aluminum welding.

It uses the European connector for the MIG Torch, the TIG torch is the typical type 17, with the gas flow valve in the handle (the machine does not have a gas/air selenoid for TIG, but does for MIG and Plasma.
    The early-bird special had this unit (with all torches included) for about $500. The later-bird price is around $600, with the post-kickstarter price climbing to about $1000 American. The MIG gas fitting on the back of the Unit is the standard American thread (as versus the Asian connector found on some; there is some confusion as to whether this is tapered or uses an O-Ring). It works with 0.030 and 0.035 wire, but has neither the wheels or "synergistic programming" for any other wire size such as 0.025 which is popular for body work on cars.

Actual shipping is slated for late September, with arrival being in October.

I am not part of any marketing for this product, and have no affiliation with YesWelder, but felt this might be interesting to some here.
    I did join the kickstarter program so my step-son can have a machine of his own to "learn on", and reduce wear and tear on my existing machines.

I won't give the link, as that smells too much like marketing. But a google search for "YesWelder MP200" should turn it up.
    Last edited by addertooth; 08-01-2021 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling
    High Desert Dweller

Post Thanks / Like

Re: YesWelder Firstess MP200

Quote Originally Posted by addertooth View Post
    They are doing a Kickstarter release of their new welder (all of the early-bird super deals are gone, but some of the higher price offerings ($600) are still left).

This machine is geared towards the novice home-hobby welder, and not the experienced production welder market. It uses an LCD panel to display and configuration information. It even shows correct connections for setup.

It uses the "synergistic" setup mode. i.e. you give it your wire/rod type of steel, thickness of material, and process... and it sets itself up. There are some adjustments which are allowed for *some* processes to fine tune it's "best guess settings".
    There are power limitations, as it is a 110/220 volt model. The 200 amp rating (even at 220 volts), is a bit optimistic. For obvious reasons, you max out at about 140ish amps when running on 110v.

The processes are:
    Flux-Core Wire welding.
    Gas MIG Wire welding.
    Stick Welding.
    TIG welding.
    Plasma Torch Cutting.

The machine is DC-Only, and does not support a spool gun. For most, that means NO Aluminum welding.

It uses the European connector for the MIG Torch, the TIG torch is the typical type 17, with the gas flow valve in the handle (the machine does not have a gas/air selenoid for TIG, but does for MIG and Plasma.
    The early-bird special had this unit (with all torches included) for about $500. The later-bird price is around $600, with the post-kickstarter price climbing to about $1000 American. The MIG gas fitting on the back of the Unit is the standard American thread (as versus the Asian connector found on some; there is some confusion as to whether this is tapered or uses an O-Ring). It works with 0.030 and 0.035 wire, but has neither the wheels or "synergistic programming" for any other wire size such as 0.025 which is popular for body work on cars.

Actual shipping is slated for late September, with arrival being in October.

I am not part of any marketing for this product, and have no affiliation with YesWelder, but felt this might be interesting to some here.
    I did join the kickstarter program so my step-son can have a machine of his own to "learn on", and reduce wear and tear on my existing machines.

I won't give the link, as that smells too much like marketing. But a google search for "YesWelder MP200" should turn it up.
    I would think that as easy as it is to add a spoolgun toggle switch that they would have done that. It's about a $2.00 change. I know a few who have purchased the 200 mig, tig, stick 115/230v and no real issues so far.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree, assuming the motor that drives the internal reel of wire is using anything near a standard drive/voltage. This is not known yet. I have a spool gun for my Amico, and they keep the connections/voltages consistent across their model line.
    It is quite possible they didn't want this model to eat the market for their other welders, which are Aluminum capable. For the record, I have pretty pleased with the Amico, it was a big step up from my first wire welder.
    High Desert Dweller

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addertooth View Post
    I would agree, assuming the motor that drives the internal reel of wire is using anything near a standard drive/voltage. This is not known yet. I have a spool gun for my Amico, and they keep the connections/voltages consistent across their model line.
    It is quite possible they didn't want this model to eat the market for their other welders, which are Aluminum capable. For the record, I have pretty pleased with the Amico, it was a big step up from my first wire welder.
    the drive motor is 24v so a simple toggle switch allows spool gun.
    see youtube videos.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

all in one machines arent a smart buy from low cost mfgers.
    i spent $1200 for a longevity stick tig ac/dc plasma cutter machine that didnt work properly 10 yrs ago.

There was too many eggs in that basket.

The little mig 205DS is a better buy for me, less at stake.

7. Likes Shootr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just acquired the new Yeswelder Mig-205DS-B, comes with the spool gun connection. Pops the 120 breaker when run hard, but runs all day long on 240. Great buy for $375.00 Hope to test out the lift tig function soon.

Primeweld Tig 325X
    Primeweld MTS 200 w Spool Gun
    Primeweld Cut60 Plasma Cutter
    Lincoln Viking 3350

9. Likes Shootr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would avoid anything off brand personally. I’ve never heard of Yeswelder and I certainly wouldn’t buy one. Where are you going to get parts or consumables for this thing? Your LWS isn’t going to touch it with a 10 foot pole. I’m not saying it’s junk (I’ve never seen one before so I couldn’t tell you anything about it) but I’m saying it sounds like an Chinese online special. Personally if my LWS doesn’t sell and support a brand I won’t consider it, not because it is bad but because parts and service are going to be difficult to get and may take a long time of you can get them at all. This is just my 2 cents not trying to bash any brands just warning you about availability of parts and service. I like ESAB formally thermal dynamics and I own one unfortunately my LWS isn’t a dealer anymore and this has become a real problem!

Post Thanks / Like

a guy on youtube made the spoolgun mod to his, he called yeswelder and told them,
    they were surprised it worked , now they sell it with the spoolgun switch.

Post Thanks / Like

My first yeswelder came with reversed terminals, I arranged to return it to Amazon when Yeswelder offered me a new machine, I took their offer of a new mig welder and gave the original welder to my farmer neighbor, he fixed the outputs and is quite pleased with how it works. As a farmer he does a lot of quick and dirty stick weld rapairs to his equipment, like me, not an expert but can get the job done.

They do sell parts, they will send parts motherboards etc during the 12 month warranty period for free if you want to have a crack fixing it, otherwise you can choose between full refund or a new machine.

In a sense it is junk, but it functions rather well.
    The identical machine is available for half the price if ordered through ali express direct from china (under a different label) but there would be no support of any kind , so thats a crap shoot. Yeswelder is just a relabel in the US.

I understand your logic, I got burned with my first 5 in 1 from Longevity, that was $1200 down the drain.
    If I were welding for a living I'd want a commercially constructed machine with guaranteed long term local support.
    But as a backup machine, commercial welders tell me its very handy at 23lbs .

13. Likes goggins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

11 February 2023

This is a longer term review on this welder.
    It has been used over a year now without any problems or oddities. The processes which have been used on it includes Mig, TIG, Stick and Plasma.
    It has even been used with Nickel rod to do some Cast Iron Welding. I now understand why some welding workers charge a premium for doing that kind of work.
    They have all worked rather well. My step-son uses it as a "practice mule" for when he is at home doing practice pieces for his welding school.

He does see a difference between the YesWelder and his high-end school machines. Those at school have Pedal, High-Frequency start, Pulse mode, and other more
    advance features which make them more novice friendly. However, for a home machine, it certainly does the job. The consumables for the YesWelder
    appear to be the same as other "typical American" brands. Out of concerns, and additional "consumable pack" was purchased with the welder out of concern,
    but that concern was unwarranted.
    High Desert Dweller

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist