Thread: Tires for a Bauer portaband?

Post Thanks / Like

Tires for a Bauer portaband?

I'll keep this to the point. Where can I get tires for a Bauer portaband? Looks like the ones for a Milwaukee will fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tires for a Bauer portaband?

There are tires available on amazon for milwaukee dewalt and porter cable.
    Lincolin Power Wave 450, Lincoln Powermig 255, Lincoln Pro Mig 140, Lincoln Squarewave Tig 275, Miller Big 40 G(with Hobart Hefty suitcase), Thermal Arc 95S and Esab PCM875 in an already full machine shop.

3. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tires for a Bauer portaband?

after reading bad reviews on Amazon tires.... (most are chinese crap)

I bought mine here....
    they came in a sealed Milwaukee bag.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/bl...-p-127595.html
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

5. Likes whtbaron, 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you match up how many teeth/cogs the tires have with the cogs on the wheels. I bought tires for my Milwaukee and didn't realize there were different sizes/numbers of "teeth." Apparently I have the "deep reach" or wide mouth or whatever version, so they sent me the wrong tires at first...at first I thought they just needed to stretch to go over the wheels, but then I counted cogs and realized there was no way...

7. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon I'll try getting some for a deep reach Milwaukee, then. Only reason i haven't pulled them off the saw to compare to a Milwaukee is the Bauer is bolted in a vertical stand right now and I didn't give it any thought when I made it so it's a PITA to take out and I need it for a job tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Bauer is Harbor Freight? Have tried ordering there?

fwiw - the tires on my Milwaukee would dry out and crack after a while. Luckily, a local tool store stocked them.
    Millermatic 255
    Dynasty 280 DX TIGRunner
    Ready Welder I
    Hypertherm 30XP

Post Thanks / Like

Bandsaw Tire Warehouse eBay.

All sizes. Excellent customer support.

They supplied tires for my Ellis mitre saw which isn't even a thing anyone including the manufacturer mentions doing.

I highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

Post Thanks / Like

if worse comes to worse some masking tape and PL premium will get you some polyurethane wheels

12. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post
    if worse comes to worse some masking tape and PL premium will get you some polyurethane wheels
    Shoot. I'll just wrap 'em in duct tape and give'r a couple coats of Flex Seal.

I actually would prefer urethane wheels. Put some on my wood cutting bandsaw and they're holding up nice. I think it had a 1-1/2 horse motor on it, so naturally, as one does, I put a 6-1/2 HP gas engine on it. Doesn't stall now. Got the scars to prove it.

Post Thanks / Like

My tires on my Harbor freight (bauer brand) portaband just exploded today.

They use the same tires as Milwaukee, dewalt, and porter cable deep throat 5" portable bandsaws from what i understand.

I got a pair for 15 bucks off amazon to be delivered tuesday

part numbers: 45-69-0010 OR A02807

15. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ereplacementparts is a great website and company. I've dealt with them many times over the years for appliance and tool parts and not only are all their parts oem quality, they have fantastic customer service.

A few other companies with similar profiles would be appliancepartspros.com and repairclinic.com, they are all great.

They also have great videos for appliance diagnostics and repairs.

I've come to the conclusion I will keep my old major appliances running unless the cost is ASTRONIMCAL, after having full top of the line sets of LG, and then SAMSUNG modern aplliances (fridge washer and dryer) die within 7 years. luckily I kept the backups and they have been going strong for 25+ years with minor repair. No amount of water and energy savings can amount to replacing appliances every 7 years vs every 25, plus modern washing machines are a joke for really dirty clothes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post
    ereplacementparts is a great website and company. I've dealt with them many times over the years for appliance and tool parts and not only are all their parts oem quality, they have fantastic customer service.

A few other companies with similar profiles would be appliancepartspros.com and repairclinic.com, they are all great.

They also have great videos for appliance diagnostics and repairs.

I've come to the conclusion I will keep my old major appliances running unless the cost is ASTRONIMCAL, after having full top of the line sets of LG, and then SAMSUNG modern aplliances (fridge washer and dryer) die within 7 years. luckily I kept the backups and they have been going strong for 25+ years with minor repair. No amount of water and energy savings can amount to replacing appliances every 7 years vs every 25, plus modern washing machines are a joke for really dirty clothes.
    Speaking of good online parts stores, Northern Tool (Northern Hydraulic) bought Jacks Small Engines. I've bought from them in the past with good results. That was pre-Northern Hydraulic buy out, though. I'm not saying they're better than any of the ones you already mentioned, but they are a good option. Northern seems like a pretty good company, so I reckon they'll manage Jacks Small Engines well. Been happy with everything I've gotten at Northern. Had family dealing with them probably since they started. Edit: Since they were in Virginia, probably not since they started.

Post Thanks / Like

Got the tires today and was up and running in about 10 mins. They were from amazon, but They felt very stretchy. grippy, and supple. Time with tell!

Only the blade needed to be removed, and once I figured out the best way to stretch them over the cogs it was relatively easy going all by hand.

Use automotive picks/hose hooks if you get the tire behind the wheel on accident.