+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody Pull Liner With Seized Piston Inside?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody Pull Liner With Seized Piston Inside?

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    Think green. You'll only cry once.
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'D LOVE TO FIND AN OLIVER IN PRISTINE CONDITION!!!!!!

2. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

lol... those tractors are more than 50 yrs old. The only place you'll find a pristine Oliver is in an antique collection, and it won't be under $10k.
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody Pull Liner With Seized Piston Inside?

Funny thing. Having been born on the farm ( and yes I’m STILL here /FINISH high school kids) we mostly had Fords and Massey’s on the island.

Only saw ACs, John Deeres, IH, and Olivers in magazines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lis2323; 08-14-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    :

Post Thanks / Like

So you're saying you led a deprived childhood?
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah poor me LOL. Back then tractors ( in my area) were either red or blue. Just like welding machines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    A buddy has a giant Lincoln 4 door (77-78ish) with 60K original miles, that thing just seems to float down the road. Almost makes my truck loving azz carsick.
    yep, i wish i still had my late 70's cadillac seville. them big 4 door cigar smelling lincolns were all over my church parking lot when i was growing up. in the 70's a family dairy/farming operation w/ a few hired milkers/laborers, could do alright, and drive them cars. my fav. lincolns are the two door mark 4 though. i once was coming home from beach, climbed in back of one, and my mom, flung the hinged front seat backard, catching my toe where back of seat meets top base. the framing is metal, w/ thin layer of leather. it was like a narrow jaw. that was 40 yrs ago, and my toe nail still aint grown back right. ur friends low milage one is probaably worth some duckets. anyway, phones werent affordable yet, and taking pics, wasnt popular, at the time when i had my cadillacs, so i have very little on it. however, i do have a photograph of the seville after it got wrecked. ill try to scan it, so u can see how nice it was
    Last edited by 123weld; 08-15-2021 at 03:40 PM.

8. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    You could get in, and out, of a Crown Vic........................these crappy little new cars are like a sardine can.
    yea, i been "in, and out of a Crwon Vic", a couple times (involuntarily), the back seat - to be more specific,

i also sorta had my own black and white. my dad lost in a poker game one night, but ended up w/ a retired cop car from it (dodge st regis) . he made it a designated ranch car, for the guys to run parts/errands. i managed to snag it, and had a ton of fun w/ it in high school. when i'd get on freeway, people/cars on freeway sometimes herd.
    that was a time, when it was almost fair between the civilians and cops. they drove diplomats /capric/ltd's/etc. almost always having them evil square headlights. even at night, u stood a chance, as there lights were always adjusted perfect, and i mean perfect. many civilian cars one light would be a lil outa line or something from being changed/etc. also, them chp had them big push bars, and that tall long rear antenna, that would flex/whip around as they drove. so if u watched/kept ur eyes in ur side view mirror, u could sometimes catch a shining glimpse of the sun hitting that antenna (even from far away)
    Last edited by 123weld; 08-15-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I miss the good ol' bench seats.
    u said it. as of a couple yrs ago, the newest thing i had was in the 80's. everthing i had was bench seat. the seat im my 70's dually welding truck is really nice, as its out of a 70's lowered 1/2 ton chevy, all done up nice, that my brother had. couple yrs ago, i bought a 90's dually, because it had a "nv 4500 trans", in it. i'm just looking for an opportunity to pull the 5.7 and trans out to stick in something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Bucket seats are like sitting in a prison.
    damn right - literally. the people do it to themselves. they buy this crap. and it only gets worse. then driverless cars. the people cant think for themselves. i would never put myself into a capsule/vessel that can lock its doors/roll up windows, and drive me where someone else tells it too. now, this latest so called infracturctue bill, includes putting breathalizers in all new cars, using drunk driving as an excuse. there will be all kinds of surprises w/ that of coarse. face detection, or finger print verification, and ur health/ alleged covid detection/dna collection/ etc or whatever current scam there running at the time - all done by your breath/saliva.

Post Thanks / Like

.......these crappy little new cars are like a sardine can.
    thats exactly what they are. a death trap. trying to shove us in smaller, ands smaller stuff all the time, while making fuel/operation costs unaffordable. everything thats been sold for quite a while now, is "overpriced disposable junk"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    yea, i been "in, and out of a Crwon Vic", a couple times (involuntarily), the back seat - to be more specific,

i also sorta had my own black and white. my dad lost in a poker game one night, but ended up w/ a retired cop car from it (dodge st regis) . he made it a designated ranch car, for the guys to run parts/errands. i managed to snag it, and had a ton of fun w/ it in high school. when i'd get on freeway, people/cars on freeway sometimes herd.
    that was a time, when it was almost fair between the civilians and cops. they drove diplomats /capric/ltd's/etc. almost always having them evil square headlights. even at night, u stood a chance, as there lights were always adjusted perfect, and i mean perfect. many civilian cars one light would be a lil outa line or something from being changed/etc. also, them chp had them big push bars, and that tall long rear antenna, that would flex/whip around as they drove. so if u watched/kept ur eyes in ur side view mirror, u could sometimes catch a shining glimpse of the sun hitting that antenna (even from far away)
    The St. Regis was a monster car, The Wa. State patrol ran them back in the day, I remember being passed by one with all the lights going and the siren and still hearing that huge carburetor howling as he went by the 600HP non muffled lowboy truck I was driving. Just a mean looking car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist