+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lincwelder DC 180 fires 1 crank but carb is out of wack & so is the governor Help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lincwelder DC 180 fires 1 crank but carb is out of wack & so is the governor Help

well a mechanic who is too lazy to work on my welder says wisconsins have a compression release on the cam so compression tests are not really accurate?? honestly i think the guy has only worked on V4 Wisconsin's from the models he named off.... never heard of mechanics refusing diagnoses or tune up money...............lazy
    Lincwelder 180As
    Communists have the highest body count in history and yet they are all over TV and politics.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lincwelder DC 180 fires 1 crank but carb is out of wack & so is the governor Help

Quote Originally Posted by John Baptist View Post
    well a mechanic who is too lazy to work on my welder says wisconsins have a compression release on the cam so compression tests are not really accurate?? honestly i think the guy has only worked on V4 Wisconsin's from the models he named off.... never heard of mechanics refusing diagnoses or tune up money...............lazy
    Just open it up, what's it going to hurt if nobody will work on it anyway? Take a look to see if anything looks bad.
    Airco Ac/Dc 300 Heliwelder
    MillerMatic 200 (stolen)
    Miller Maxstar 150STL
    Miller Maxstar 161STH
    Miller AEAD200LE
    Hobart MIG
    Lincoln Idealarc 250

Post Thanks / Like

I concur with Squirmy, open it up, see what's inside.

Post Thanks / Like

Any time I have this problem it lack of fuel in carburetor.
    This in tank, fuel lines, filter and or carburetor.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by John Baptist View Post
    yeah it needs a rebuild kit, It fires right up and runs strong & at other times it doesn't, i inspected my fuel tank it's got a lot of trash in the bottom & the way this thing was set up from the factory it has no filters of any kind fuel/oil nothing in the tank just a tube maybe those bits in the bottom are half tank rust and whats left of a strainer HAHA! I watched a Zenith carb video related to the Atomic engines all these zenith carbs look very similar he said you can pull the main jet and the idle air/fuel spray them out & if the carbs ok it should clean up I did that & it was firing nicely but both spark plugs looked bad, one was full of dry black soot & one was cooked clean with a White stripe (they put too much oil in the engine) I got both of them to look right after starting it and letting it run several times *shrugs* I have a feeling I have intermittent spark and trash in my carb, I need to buy a glass fuel strainer & points look good in the magneto. new spark plugs and wires are next on the buy list, mla2ofus Has been helping to he really knows his stuff, We got the governor set correctly (thank God the throttle arm is rusted to the carb so that was not messed with it) does need to be backed off 1 turn so it doesn't rest on the wide open stop but it's fine for now & i cleaned all the dirt and trash out of the governor arm it wasn't allowing it to articulate all the way.

Post Thanks / Like

At the two minute mark he saiz open the box

Cool video , reminds me of this thread
    No?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist