+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

Post Thanks / Like

Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

DIY weldor here! Anyone else using their HF lower-voltage Titanium welders with a generator? Just curious to know of the results that others are experiencing. It's wonderful to have the option to grab a lightweight welder for small jobs that I can do almost anywhere. I primarily use mine portably with a WEN 3800-watt generator with no issues whatsoever. And although I've only used the welder 4 times over the last couple of years, for small jobs (e.g., custom bracket to affix gauges in Jeep engine compartment for on-board air system to run power tools/air up tires, fixes to metal lawn chairs for my neighbors, golf cart's canopy fix for a local high school, fix a neighbor's metal bike rack), it always impresses and performs flawlessly. I just use Lincoln .030 NR-211 flux core. But I was curious if anyone else uses their Titanium welder with a generator and what are their experiences when doing that.
    Agape Guy
    Everlast Power I-MIG 200 (dual voltage)
    Everlast SM200N Spool Gun (aluminum mig welding)
    Everlast PowerArc 200 stick
    Harbor Freight Titanium 125 Easy Flux
    Hypertherm Powermax 30 plasma cutter
    Way too many power tools

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

Do you think the Easy Flux 125 will run off the Predator 3500Watt Inverter Generator?

Post Thanks / Like

Just try welding on generator.

A 120 volt 20 amp welder only needs 2,400 watts to work

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Agape Guy View Post
    DIY weldor here! Anyone else using their HF lower-voltage Titanium welders with a generator? Just curious to know of the results that others are experiencing. It's wonderful to have the option to grab a lightweight welder for small jobs that I can do almost anywhere. I primarily use mine portably with a WEN 3800-watt generator with no issues whatsoever. And although I've only used the welder 4 times over the last couple of years, for small jobs (e.g., custom bracket to affix gauges in Jeep engine compartment for on-board air system to run power tools/air up tires, fixes to metal lawn chairs for my neighbors, golf cart's canopy fix for a local high school, fix a neighbor's metal bike rack), it always impresses and performs flawlessly. I just use Lincoln .030 NR-211 flux core. But I was curious if anyone else uses their Titanium welder with a generator and what are their experiences when doing that.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have used my 125 with a Honda 4500 wattt. Runs well.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few on here that think the only way to welded is to a gasoline driven welder like a SA200.

But as long as generator is the right size or larger it will work great.

Next is sign wave THD most welding machines are DC a square wave makes better DC.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by tapwelder View Post
    Yes I have used my 125 with a Honda 4500 wattt. Runs well.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been running some mobile small jobs where I need to go inside (restaurants, etc). I have been using my Lincoln Weldandpower 250G9 Pro to run my
    HF Titanium 200 using 220V. I do make sure I adjust the output voltage to 220v though. First time was at 260v and I brought it down. The HF machine has paid for itself in just two jobs. I know I can plug into the customers 110V or even tap into their 220v, but I do not like to do that as if something were to happen it is then my fault.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Dynasty 300 DX
    HTP 240
    HTP Microcut 380
    Hyperthem 85
    JD2 Hyd Bender and HF Hyd Ring Roller all in one =(Frankenbender)
    Bpt. Mill/DRO
    4' x 8' CNC Plasma Table
    Instagram: tjsperformance
    YT: TJS Welding and Fabrication

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen that a lot over years.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    I have been running some mobile small jobs where I need to go inside (restaurants, etc). I have been using my Lincoln Weldandpower 250G9 Pro to run my
    HF Titanium 200 using 220V. I do make sure I adjust the output voltage to 220v though. First time was at 260v and I brought it down. The HF machine has paid for itself in just two jobs. I know I can plug into the customers 110V or even tap into their 220v, but I do not like to do that as if something were to happen it is then my fault.
    T.J.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by usmcmarc View Post
    Do you think the Easy Flux 125 will run off the Predator 3500Watt Inverter Generator?

It will be fine.. You are working with 30 amps of 120 power.. Probably will push in excess of 170/180 amps output with .035 self shielded wire.. You will dial that back for a smooth arc, and it will be a good lightweight combo.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    It will be fine.. You are working with 30 amps of 120 power.. Probably will push in excess of 170/180 amps output with .035 self shielded wire.. You will dial that back for a smooth arc, and it will be a good lightweight combo.
    Pushing it that far beyond spec is going to be hard on it, no?
    * Amico MIG-130A Flux, Dual Voltage. Truly portable!
    * HF MIG-180 with all the mods. Heavy.
    * Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig 130/160.
    * Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

Post Thanks / Like

Sub $200 welder who cares? Really beyond where the wire runs well anyway.. It's just what I have found on quite a few import cheaper inverters like Klutch/Blue Demon and reports of the Lincoln Century models have real good power on 30 amp/ 120 volt generators. Pretty neat setup, that will fit in the back of a import car..Sub 20 pound welders, and 76 pound generators you can load up by yourself without issues..

The way most of these 120 volt welders are setup is with .030 self-shielded wire. The WFS on the flux only machines, pretty much limit the peak amps available.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist