Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cupertino, California
    Posts
    364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

    DIY weldor here! Anyone else using their HF lower-voltage Titanium welders with a generator? Just curious to know of the results that others are experiencing. It's wonderful to have the option to grab a lightweight welder for small jobs that I can do almost anywhere. I primarily use mine portably with a WEN 3800-watt generator with no issues whatsoever. And although I've only used the welder 4 times over the last couple of years, for small jobs (e.g., custom bracket to affix gauges in Jeep engine compartment for on-board air system to run power tools/air up tires, fixes to metal lawn chairs for my neighbors, golf cart's canopy fix for a local high school, fix a neighbor's metal bike rack), it always impresses and performs flawlessly. I just use Lincoln .030 NR-211 flux core. But I was curious if anyone else uses their Titanium welder with a generator and what are their experiences when doing that.
    Agape Guy
    Everlast Power I-MIG 200 (dual voltage)
    Everlast SM200N Spool Gun (aluminum mig welding)
    Everlast PowerArc 200 stick
    Harbor Freight Titanium 125 Easy Flux
    Hypertherm Powermax 30 plasma cutter
    Way too many power tools

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

    Do you think the Easy Flux 125 will run off the Predator 3500Watt Inverter Generator?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    7,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

    Just try welding on generator.

    A 120 volt 20 amp welder only needs 2,400 watts to work

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by Agape Guy View Post
    DIY weldor here! Anyone else using their HF lower-voltage Titanium welders with a generator? Just curious to know of the results that others are experiencing. It's wonderful to have the option to grab a lightweight welder for small jobs that I can do almost anywhere. I primarily use mine portably with a WEN 3800-watt generator with no issues whatsoever. And although I've only used the welder 4 times over the last couple of years, for small jobs (e.g., custom bracket to affix gauges in Jeep engine compartment for on-board air system to run power tools/air up tires, fixes to metal lawn chairs for my neighbors, golf cart's canopy fix for a local high school, fix a neighbor's metal bike rack), it always impresses and performs flawlessly. I just use Lincoln .030 NR-211 flux core. But I was curious if anyone else uses their Titanium welder with a generator and what are their experiences when doing that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

    Yes I have used my 125 with a Honda 4500 wattt. Runs well.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    7,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

    I have a few on here that think the only way to welded is to a gasoline driven welder like a SA200.

    But as long as generator is the right size or larger it will work great.

    Next is sign wave THD most welding machines are DC a square wave makes better DC.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by tapwelder View Post
    Yes I have used my 125 with a Honda 4500 wattt. Runs well.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Fairfield,CT
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

    I have been running some mobile small jobs where I need to go inside (restaurants, etc). I have been using my Lincoln Weldandpower 250G9 Pro to run my
    HF Titanium 200 using 220V. I do make sure I adjust the output voltage to 220v though. First time was at 260v and I brought it down. The HF machine has paid for itself in just two jobs. I know I can plug into the customers 110V or even tap into their 220v, but I do not like to do that as if something were to happen it is then my fault.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Dynasty 300 DX
    HTP 240
    HTP Microcut 380
    Hyperthem 85
    JD2 Hyd Bender and HF Hyd Ring Roller all in one =(Frankenbender)
    Bpt. Mill/DRO
    4' x 8' CNC Plasma Table
    Instagram: tjsperformance
    YT: TJS Welding and Fabrication

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    7,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

    I have seen that a lot over years.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    I have been running some mobile small jobs where I need to go inside (restaurants, etc). I have been using my Lincoln Weldandpower 250G9 Pro to run my
    HF Titanium 200 using 220V. I do make sure I adjust the output voltage to 220v though. First time was at 260v and I brought it down. The HF machine has paid for itself in just two jobs. I know I can plug into the customers 110V or even tap into their 220v, but I do not like to do that as if something were to happen it is then my fault.
    T.J.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

    Quote Originally Posted by usmcmarc View Post
    Do you think the Easy Flux 125 will run off the Predator 3500Watt Inverter Generator?

    It will be fine.. You are working with 30 amps of 120 power.. Probably will push in excess of 170/180 amps output with .035 self shielded wire.. You will dial that back for a smooth arc, and it will be a good lightweight combo.
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    Thermal LM-200/ Lincoln feeders
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Pak 50
    Thermal 35C
    Thermal 15c
    INE 1500
    Klutch 220i
    Blue Demon/140 msi/90sti

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sonoma County, Northern California
    Posts
    1,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    It will be fine.. You are working with 30 amps of 120 power.. Probably will push in excess of 170/180 amps output with .035 self shielded wire.. You will dial that back for a smooth arc, and it will be a good lightweight combo.
    Pushing it that far beyond spec is going to be hard on it, no?
    * Amico MIG-130A Flux, Dual Voltage. Truly portable!
    * HF MIG-180 with all the mods. Heavy.
    * Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig 130/160.
    * Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Titanium 125 Easy Flux welder is a gem -- even with a 3800-watt generator!

    Sub $200 welder who cares? Really beyond where the wire runs well anyway.. It's just what I have found on quite a few import cheaper inverters like Klutch/Blue Demon and reports of the Lincoln Century models have real good power on 30 amp/ 120 volt generators. Pretty neat setup, that will fit in the back of a import car..Sub 20 pound welders, and 76 pound generators you can load up by yourself without issues..

    The way most of these 120 volt welders are setup is with .030 self-shielded wire. The WFS on the flux only machines, pretty much limit the peak amps available.
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    Thermal LM-200/ Lincoln feeders
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Pak 50
    Thermal 35C
    Thermal 15c
    INE 1500
    Klutch 220i
    Blue Demon/140 msi/90sti

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,660,537,259.45256 seconds with 12 queries