+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Milt from Oregon - Wood Stained Black

Post Thanks / Like

Milt from Oregon - Wood Stained Black

Hello,
    I am new to welding and working with metal and recently was grinding outside near a newly replaced cedar deck that is stained with and oil based stain. The deck is turning black and I need to clean and then re-stain the deck. I'm looking for advice on the best method to clean the black stain off the wood and then the best sealer to prevent it from happening again. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Milt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Milt from Oregon - Wood Stained Black

Quote Originally Posted by Milto View Post
    Hello,
    I am new to welding and working with metal and recently was grinding outside near a newly replaced cedar deck that is stained with and oil based stain. The deck is turning black and I need to clean and then re-stain the deck. I'm looking for advice on the best method to clean the black stain off the wood and then the best sealer to prevent it from happening again. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Milt
    If you were grinding near wood and its turning black- its because the wood now has steel imbedded into the cedar from your metal grinding. You are going to have a fun time removing that and resealing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weldingweldinsg View Post
    My To-Do List on my Sx4 keeps getting Bigger and Bigger !

1) Project Carputer
    2) HID Triple Barrel HeadLamps

Yes only two things as of now but they it self keep expanding once you look at the items required in accomplishing the task.

Latest is the best Site I found for my HID Triple Barrel HeadLamp task.
    [SPAM LINK REMOVED] ... }223{4}212
    and
    [SPAM LINK REMOVED]
    Hey weldingweldings, how do you like your spam?? I prefer mine fried, but prefer it GONE because I don't care for spam!
    Last edited by Tensaiteki; 08-30-2021 at 11:31 PM. Reason: FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY, STOP QUOTING SPAM MESSAGES!
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome milto! As your welding improves you'll find that you're staing your wood black much less often! Unfortunately kize is probably correct, the only way I know of to remove the stain is to sand & restain & refinish. Best wishes with it.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist