+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lotos mig 175

Post Thanks / Like

Lotos mig 175

I have a lotos mig 175 at work as a roll around quick fix welder(doesn't get used much), I was trying to get something welded up, powered the unit on and it would weld for about 10 seconds and then trip the safety breaker on the welder. After dealing with that for a few times... Then without any load on it, just powering the unit on it would trip the safety breaker inside the welder within like 30 seconds. Checked the current draw at the internal safety breaker and it was saying it was pulling around 40 amps, which is way over the 20 amps the welder says it should be using and the 25 amps that the breaker is. Any ideas of what to check out would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lotos mig 175

Did you open he case and take a good look at it inside ? Visual inspection is a start.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lotos mig 175

Yeah board looks good nothing burnt, everything to my knowledge seems to be working up to the the transformer part of the circuit. Something after the transformer is causing significant current draw. Transformer seems to be working, taking voltage down to about 35v measured at the terminal on the rectifier.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist