+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everlast beginner tig

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everlast beginner tig

Okay great, then I think I’ll go with primeweld because it come with a regulator and foot pedal as well as a flex torch. High frequency start is also nice for a beginner.

2. Likes shovelon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You will most likely need some type of windbreak but you can certainly Tig weld outdoors. Since you plan on using Tig welding as you primary,if not only process a decent dedicated machine is what your after. The primeweld 225 is an excellent starter machine that you probably will never out grow. Fit up on parts is pretty critical so getting tools and developing the skills to do that will help immensely. By the time you become proficient you will have spent a lot of time and money especially on tools, but your results will continue to get better.

4. Likes John Baptist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaTu View Post
    Don't listen to the naysayers, there's always going to be strong personal opinions and not any "broad sample" of, actual, facts. Everlast makes a Great welder and you aren't going to have Any more problems with an Everlast than you are with any other one...
    I'd be interested in the data you used to come up with that absolute. I'd bet any amount of money it's simply your opinion...rather than actual data.
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P with XR AlumaPro
    Miller Regency 200 with 22A feeder and Spoolmatic 3
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

Post Thanks / Like

I had Miller and Lincoln which are great welders, sold them because I wanted some thing newer. I bought a Everlast Power MTS 251Si in 2016 and have had great success with it. The only problems I had were the same as in the #3 post. No starting chart and condescending support when asking questions to customer support. I'm a hobby welder and don't use my machines very often. I solved the second problem by talking to a "higher up" in the company. 3 years later I bought a second machine, MTS 221STi because it had AC/DC Tig unlike the 251Si (I was told they would never be building a AC/DC MTS when I bought the 251Si). Oh well, I like them both and haven't had any problems, yet. I also bought their 52i Plasma cutter and it works great!. Just my 2 cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-ManBart View Post
    I'd be interested in the data you used to come up with that absolute. I'd bet any amount of money it's simply your opinion...rather than actual data.
    No "Data", just a combination of my Opinion (as we All have and no different), Logic (it's a Very successful company with Tremendous Growth over the past decade or more and if it were actually "NeverLast" that wouldn't be the case), and finally and maybe most Importantly, I don't make my decisions and opinions on the Tribalistic, Us~vs~Them, Black & White, 100% Good or 100% Bad lens that the world has become ~hehe

Seriously, Come On, they make a pretty good welder, don't they?

8. Likes lugweld liked this post
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    Save the shilling for someone else. Your companies action show otherwise.
    Oh boy. Same old stuff, different day with you. Keep your head buried in the sand. People like you are our best sales people, because your posts make people dig deeper. I can't even begin to tell you how your posts have helped us but people like you seriously do help our sales because the dig deep and look and go where people are actually using the machines on other forums and where there are tens of thousands of Everlast owners posting and participating and they see a very different picture. Thanks.
    Last edited by lugweld; 09-09-2021 at 09:11 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Oh boy. Same old stuff, different day with you. Keep your head buried in the sand. People like you are our best sales people, because your posts make people dig deeper. I can't even begin to tell you how your posts have helped us but people like you seriously do help our sales because the dig deep and look and go where people are actually using the machines on other forums and where there are tens of thousands of Everlast owners posting and participating and they see a very different picture. Thanks.
    Oh yeah the shilling never stops. Good to hear your welders sales are working out, I'd hate to see you grifting shell games or whatever else grifters do .

Post Thanks / Like

No "Data", just a combination of my Opinion (as we All have and no different), Logic (it's a Very successful company with Tremendous Growth over the past decade or more and if it were actually "NeverLast" that wouldn't be the case), and finally and maybe most Importantly, I don't make my decisions and opinions on the Tribalistic, Us~vs~Them, Black & White, 100% Good or 100% Bad lens that the world has become ~hehe

Seriously, Come On, they make a pretty good welder, don't they?
    That's all well and good, but you're claiming something you can't possibly know. You'd have to get inside information from multiple companies, who aren't going to share it. Short of that it's one big guess.

Across multiple welding forums there are a lot of posts about Harbor Freight welders showing up DOA, but next up in frequency seems to be Everlast and AHP (same company for all practical purposes). I don't recall a Primeweld showing up DOA, but a few have failed very early on and were quickly replaced going off memory. I can't recall how many times, if ever, I've seen someone say they had a Miller, Lincoln or an HTP show up DOA...maybe it's happened but I don't recall reading about it.

I've owned two Everlast welders and one developed issues almost from the start and had to be replaced, but it was a huge hassle with them sending me the wrong parts multiple times, and then no change with the correct parts until after countless e-mails and phone calls they offered a replacement. So, I guess I'm 50/50 with them.

You say folks would have the same chance of getting a bad welder from any company, and I've had over 50 welders from Lincoln and Miller and all of them have worked just fine. Maybe I got really lucky 50+ times in a row...

As far as Everlast's "tremendous growth" I have to wonder who's putting out those numbers, but I'll bet it's not an independent entity. It's not like they're a publicly traded company who has to publish an annual report with actual numbers. They can claim all the growth they want, but I'm not so sure that's true.

It's funny, but Everlast has been selling their machines on Amazon since before I bought mine. I just looked at the reviews on the PowerTIG 210EXT and they go back into 2015. They've only got 35 ratings.

PrimeWeld starting selling on Amazon in 2018 and their 225X has 740 ratings and a higher score. Now I know Mark/lugweld is going to read this and post something about how Amazon is 1% of their total sales or some other BS...but six years and 35 ratings versus 3 years and 740 ratings is telling. For some reason hundreds of happy PrimeWeld customers go out of their way to post how happy they are. Funny, they say it's always the unhappy customers who go out of their way to make a statement...clearly that must be wrong!

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

12. Likes JDM Welder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My first Everlast welder was a 2011, a PP256 that I ran, Hard, at 250A (welding 1/4" Alum) for a long time without trouble. My only complaint was with their personnel, you have had a much different experience and, I would think, not really Typical of their base. I have NOT has 50 welders though! (maybe 8...)

At the time I bought it, Everlast was a relatively unknown supplier (the world was mostly Miller/Lincoln). Things have changed since then, I think they've taken their place as a "Player" and, if too many people had your experience with their equipment, I don't see that as happening...

The point I was making was more about the "NeverLast" nonsense and the loss of objectivity that seems so prevalent today. I'm sure PrimeWeld and HTP are also good welders and, of course you're right, have no information who has more returns between them all, it's just that they're All, seemingly, equally successful and wouldn't be if Everlast made crappy welders.

NeverLast is much like FoundOnRoadDead I'm a Ford guy, my 7.3 rulez! But that doesn't mean to Me that a Cummings 12v or that DuraMax/Allison combo are Crap!
    Last edited by BaTu; 09-10-2021 at 11:08 AM.

14. Likes INXS2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PrimeWeld starting selling on Amazon in 2018 and their 225X has 740 ratings and a higher score. Now I know Mark/lugweld is going to read this and post something about how Amazon is 1% of their total sales or some other BS...but six years and 35 ratings versus 3 years and 740 ratings is telling. For some reason hundreds of happy PrimeWeld customers go out of their way to post how happy they are. Funny, they say it's always the unhappy customers who go out of their way to make a statement...clearly that must be wrong!
    Thing is, it's not just the negative ratings. Reading through a lot of them, you'll find four-star ratings where people are happy because they were sent a new one after the first one arrived DOA...LMAO

16. Likes Dean Mott liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But that doesn't mean to Me that a Cummings 12v or that DuraMax/Allison combo are Crap!
    What's a Cummings?

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

Post Thanks / Like

What's a Cummings?
    Apparently a knockoff diesel engine from Malaysia to be avoided at all costs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a city in Georgia ???
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches
    Snap-On YA-212
    Lotos Cut60D
    Primeweld 225 ac/dc
    Primeweld mig180
    Miller AEAD-200

Post Thanks / Like

Actually,,, the City my Daughter and Grandkids live in (and maybe the reason for my Typo...)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Apparently a knockoff diesel engine from Malaysia to be avoided at all costs.

I was thinking it was made in Cummings, Saskatchewan? Probably has oversized glow plugs for the cold up there!

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoK4rtFanatic View Post
    Okay great, then I think I’ll go with primeweld because it come with a regulator and foot pedal as well as a flex torch. High frequency start is also nice for a beginner.
    Where are you located?
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Klutch 120v Plasma cutter
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoK4rtFanatic View Post
    Good choice. Very few negative reviews. And a good number of people here that own them too for advise.

As far as the other company, it is not the equipment that is suspect, but the support.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for your input. I just went with the Primeweld TIG200DC, since I won't really be doing aluminum anytime soon. I had a discount coupon for it anyway so all the better. Anyways, thanks again, I don't think I would have ever noticed primeweld until you all mentioned it.

25. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist