Thread: PowCon 550 SMP Wiring

Post Thanks / Like

PowCon 550 SMP Wiring

Hello, My name is Ruben, I recently got into welding as a hobby to build and make random things. I have had a Powcon 200 for the last few years and the power drive 1 wire feeder stopped working. I was on my local Offer up and I picked up a Powcon 550 3 phase with a power drive wire feeder. The wire feeder works great on my 200 but the welder was wired for 460. I opened the welder and I changed the tabs from 460 to 230 volt. The wiring for the plug is a 4 wire and I have a 3 wire outlet. Does anyone know the best way to wire the welder to single phase 230 volt. I wired the plug but left the red wire out. the machine turns on but no power to the wire feeder. Will I need to connect the red wire also. Any info is appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Ruben
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PowCon 550 SMP Wiring

Welcome to welding web! Sorry I can't help with the wiring, BUT there is a POW-CON sub-forum in the various manufacturers section, it's a ways down the page on the main page.
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PowCon 550 SMP Wiring

Thank you, I'll check it out