Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    Hi,
    I have been looking at getting a multiprocess welder.

    Have been looking at the Lincon Powercraft 191c (not the Lincoln powerTEC) as one of my options.

    Anyone had any experience with these, are they reliable?
    How is the TIG? does it have 4T option in the TIG? I know its only dc and not HF. wont be welding alloy with it so no issues there.

    So should I consider this machine or steer clear?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    Quote Originally Posted by prime_epilogue View Post
    Hi,
    I have been looking at getting a multiprocess welder.

    Have been looking at the Lincon Powercraft 191c (not the Lincoln powerTEC) as one of my options.

    Anyone had any experience with these, are they reliable?
    How is the TIG? does it have 4T option in the TIG? I know its only dc and not HF. wont be welding alloy with it so no issues there.

    So should I consider this machine or steer clear?
    Are you seriously considering buying a welder with the name “Lincon”???


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    Sorry lincoln. Didn't notice the typo I'll see if I can fix it.

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    It won't let me edit the original post so I have reposted without typos

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    Quote Originally Posted by prime_epilogue View Post
    Sorry lincoln. Didn't notice the typo I'll see if I can fix it.

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Oh. Haha

    I didn’t think it was a typo since you consistently misspelled it (even on your OTHER thread )


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  6. Likes prime_epilogue liked this post
  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    On the unimig thread? The new thread I made looks correct

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    Quote Originally Posted by prime_epilogue View Post
    On the unimig thread? The new thread I made looks correct

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    This one….




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    OK yeah that's the unimig thread

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    dang, Lincoln Australia doesn't list the manual.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Klutch 120v Plasma cutter
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Klutch 120v Plasma cutter
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    ---Meltedmetal

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    That's the same one I posted.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Klutch 120v Plasma cutter
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    That's the same one I posted.
    Yup, I had opened the page and it didn't all load so I didn't see your post. I was updating the maps on a GPS at the same time, which took over 4 hours which tells you how fast my internet is.(not)
    ---Meltedmetal

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    Yup, I had opened the page and it didn't all load so I didn't see your post. I was updating the maps on a GPS at the same time, which took over 4 hours which tells you how fast my internet is.(not)
    4 hours :0

    You have my sympathy
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Klutch 120v Plasma cutter
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    Since you haven't gotten any useful feedback, I have a powercraft 250c, it's not a high end machine, they're cheap and the quality shows in everyway, but at least with the 250c you do get a lot of machine for your money, I paid $1150 for mine new at total tools, and there's nothing else on the market that comes close in output to cost ratio.

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    There are other options as well, like weldclass and bossweld. Although in these cheaper ones warranty can come into it.

    An acquaintance bought a Cigweld cutskill 60 plasma cutter and maybe it did half an hours cutting and the magic smoke poured out of it. It was replaced with a new one.

    I have a unimig 250MTS welder. It is in the same class of welders you are looking at. Made in China, on the medium quality sort of chart. I really can not fault it for the price point. I just burned through about 30kg of 4mm 8018 welding rods on a project and it never missed a beat, I never hit the duty cycle cutout despite burning rod after rod at 180 amps. I know it is a bit bigger then you want, but it goes to show that these medium quality machines are still OK.



    I found one thing these machines lack are quality earth clamps and often the rubber parts on the cables perish quickly.

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    Thanks all for the info. After a lot of research and advice for ALOT of people I have bought a unimig viper 185.
    Got the package that came with with tig, mig, and stick torches. 5kg mig wire, umimig chaos helmet, gloves, mig stater kit and reg/flow meter.
    All for $875 plus bought it a grand opening so also got $100 dollars to spend in store which got me some tig torch spares and filler wire, etc.

    Only tried a few practice welds with the tog and mig and so far very happy. Seems a lot smoother then dads old mig.

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: anyone have /had a Lincon powerCRAFT 191C (not the Lincoln powerTEC)

    Quote Originally Posted by prime_epilogue View Post
    Thanks all for the info. After a lot of research and advice for ALOT of people I have bought a unimig viper 185.
    Got the package that came with with tig, mig, and stick torches. 5kg mig wire, umimig chaos helmet, gloves, mig stater kit and reg/flow meter.
    All for $875 plus bought it a grand opening so also got $100 dollars to spend in store which got me some tig torch spares and filler wire, etc.

    Only tried a few practice welds with the tog and mig and so far very happy. Seems a lot smoother then dads old mig.

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Good choice, they're a good machine for the money, quite a few companies I do power station work for use them and they're a reliable little machine with a much nicer arc them even some much more expensive machines of a similar size

  20. Likes prime_epilogue liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,635,279,523.79545 seconds with 13 queries