Thread: Anybody heard from Bonzoo?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody heard from Bonzoo?

I think that was his username...or something like that. Seems like he hasn't been heard from lately...did he set his Crocs on fire with weld spatter? He get sent off to band camp? Secret mission in Latin America?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody heard from Bonzoo?

He's been on here recently. He is back in the states (Florida I think) for medical reasons. IIRC his significant other has some serious condition which forced him to come back for her treatment.
    Miller Multimatic 255

3. Likes Kelvin, Dave66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bummer... it seems the longer we hang out here, the more medical issues become the background topic. Hope they are doing ok.
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

5. Likes BluCllrPlt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe not as recently as I thought. I just checked, his last post was near the end of March. I hope he's doing OK
    Miller Multimatic 255

7. Likes Lis2323, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    . Hope they are doing ok.
    Same here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Louie. It's been a while!

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of members have not posted for quite a while. Bonzoo use to post up good info as well as fun banter all the time. Hope he is doing good.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

11. Likes Lis2323, LtBadd, Kelvin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember a post of his a while back that he sold his shop or retired or something. Don't remember but maybe one more post from him after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weldalittle View Post
    I remember a post of his a while back that he sold his shop or retired or something. Don't remember but maybe one more post from him after that.
    I never saw that so I had to go dig it up.

https://weldingweb.com/vbb/threads/7...house-and-shop
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

14. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    I never saw that so I had to go dig it up.

https://weldingweb.com/vbb/threads/7...house-and-shop
    Thank you, N2 Welding. I guess I should have just searched for posts using his username but I wasn't sure I was remembering his username right.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya know....one needs to live life to the fullest while we are above the grass....

Sad story here. An old cowboy, bareback bronc rider and welder near me on a county road just finished fixing up his new place. He was a single man. He lived in a new, small manufactured house (not a mobile home) on about 10 acres. He had the land cleared and welded up some pasture fencing made from tubing and sucker rod. Painted it all bright silver. He made a small deck on the back of his house decorated with a grill and cow skulls on posts for fun. He cut his first hay crop a couple of weeks ago as well. He had just bought a big new, black Ford F-250 and horse trailer. He towed his Lincoln welder on a small two wheel frame behind his OLD Toyota pickup for work. He put his brand, "TK" on the gate and fences. The "TK" stood for Torn Knuckle Ranch, I guess from his bronc riding days. In a nutshell, he had finally finished his little "ranch" and it looked so nice.
    He passed away Thursday with a heart attack.....never got to sit on his deck, grill a steak and look out over his place.............

Post Thanks / Like

Bonzoo's location says"Back to the jungle", I think that was his last post. His last activity shows 3/10/2021.
    Last edited by CAVEMANN; 09-19-2021 at 05:50 PM.
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Post Thanks / Like

we all are given a life to live, not all the same, some short, some ruff, some go on forever. Look back in yours and you may say how did I get here, I think of mine and say holy mackerel I have been lucky.
    DIY CNC Plasma table USB BOB Price THC
    Hypertherm 65
    Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
    Miler 180 Mig
    13" metal lathe
    Mill/ Drill
    ECT, ECT,

19. Likes N2 Welding, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acourtjester View Post
    we all are given a life to live, not all the same, some short, some ruff, some go on forever. Look back in yours and you may say how did I get here, I think of mine and say holy mackerel I have been lucky.

True. I had an interview this week for an internal job transfer (strange as that may sound, that's how we do it). So I prepared for this series of 7 hour-long, behavior interviews by pulling out my resume and brushing up on my accomplishments in the last so many years. I also had my prep notes for my initial interview 4 years ago. It was really wild to look back. Lots of stuff that I accomplished that I had forgotten all about.
    Miller Multimatic 255

21. Likes N2 Welding, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Burpee dropped out, later was reincarnated as Bonzoo. Too many similarities between the two. I'm not good with pictures, but Burpee & Bonzoo are either twins, or one & the same. They lived same place, or next door. Both raised the same exotic fish they claimed to be very valuable. Both had beautiful women identical, 25 years younger than them

We have a local radio personality. He was a caustic hater of all people. I am the only person on Earth he never singled out to say something unfair about. Can't call him prejudiced, he hated everybody!

He got fired, moved to Minnesota.

Now he's back, working for the new owner of the same radio station. You wouldn't know it's the same person. The words have changed, only the voice remains.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

23. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortfuse View Post
    Ya know....one needs to live life to the fullest while we are above the grass....

Sad story here. An old cowboy, bareback bronc rider and welder near me on a county road just finished fixing up his new place. He was a single man. He lived in a new, small manufactured house (not a mobile home) on about 10 acres. He had the land cleared and welded up some pasture fencing made from tubing and sucker rod. Painted it all bright silver. He made a small deck on the back of his house decorated with a grill and cow skulls on posts for fun. He cut his first hay crop a couple of weeks ago as well. He had just bought a big new, black Ford F-250 and horse trailer. He towed his Lincoln welder on a small two wheel frame behind his OLD Toyota pickup for work. He put his brand, "TK" on the gate and fences. The "TK" stood for Torn Knuckle Ranch, I guess from his bronc riding days. In a nutshell, he had finally finished his little "ranch" and it looked so nice.
    He passed away Thursday with a heart attack.....never got to sit on his deck, grill a steak and look out over his place.............
    Wow that's another one of those post's where I'm like do I like it or disslike it. I like that he did all that stuff and accopolished so much but I don't like that he died like you said. I'll just say I like that you shared it and it's true we have to live while the living is still good.

25. Likes Kelvin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's another one of those post's where I'm like do I like it or disslike it.
    I don't know. Seems like not such a bad way to go, especially for a single guy. I mean when he got older, with no one to care for him, life was going to get hard, especially when his health would have started failing.This way here, he left on top of his game with a sense of accomplishment and the smell of a new truck and fresh cut hay in his nose. To me, that's not a bad way to go. Beats the heck out of selling all your stuff so you can move into a nursing home and have all your independence stripped away. There's something to be said for dying with your boots on. Probably less painful that way too.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Louie, I think that pretty well sums it up........

28. Likes N2 Welding liked this post