+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modification to easily install table on horizontal/vertical bandsaw without bolts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Modification to easily install table on horizontal/vertical bandsaw without bolts

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    I just put a large plate on the roller braket (2"×2¼"×¼ flat bar)

All need to do is put saw in the vertical position and start cutting.

Dave
    Sounds good. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Modification to easily install table on horizontal/vertical bandsaw without bolts

Thought you were going to convert your portable bandsaw to vertical? That set up with a foot switch would be more convenient. It does take space to verticalize your horizontal bandsaw. You notice the space consumption when you use it close to a wall and have to pull it away for vertical use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tapwelder View Post
    Thought you were going to convert your portable bandsaw to vertical? That set up with a foot switch would be more convenient. It does take space to verticalize your horizontal bandsaw. You notice the space consumption when you use it close to a wall and have to pull it away for vertical use.
    I was going to convert my portable saw before i decided to buy the horizontal/vertical bandsaw. I wasn't crazy about using that portable anyway because its kind of loud.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone recommended a benchtop bandsaw. I liked the fact that the benchtop model pivoted for miters like a miter saw does, but that saw is loud like a portable and that's why i decided against it. I really like this 4x6 horizontal/vertical saw. Its quiet and versatile, and affordable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Need Advice View Post
    I was going to convert my portable saw before i decided to buy the horizontal/vertical bandsaw. I wasn't crazy about using that portable anyway because its kind of loud.
    I'll admit that my Delta 4x6 is pretty quiet. All of my noise was originally coming from the stand and blade cover. Once those were fixed all I hear is the shhh of the cut and the whurr of the motor.

6. Likes Need Advice liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by upand_at_them View Post
    I'll admit that my Delta 4x6 is pretty quiet. All of my noise was originally coming from the stand and blade cover. Once those were fixed all I hear is the shhh of the cut and the whurr of the motor.
    When i buy a quality angle grinder I'm going to try to get one with a brushless motor because they are quieter. I have an M18 fuel cordless grinder with brushless motor but i need a corded grinder.

Post Thanks / Like

When i buy a quality angle grinder I'm going to try to get one with a brushless motor because they are quieter. I have an M18 fuel cordless grinder with brushless motor but i need a corded grinder.
    Brushless is also more powerful or last longer because of no brushes. I would wear hearing protection no matter what. When you lose your hearing you can't wish it back. Same goes for vision and lungs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by upand_at_them View Post
    Brushless is also more powerful or last longer because of no brushes. I would wear hearing protection no matter what. When you lose your hearing you can't wish it back. Same goes for vision and lungs.
    I agree. My hearing is already bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I had another crazy idea. I wonder if you can mount a bandsaw on a hub assembly so you can pivot the saw right and left like a miter saw does. I bet it can be done pretty easily with a hub assembly and a mounting plate for the saw to mount to. The tricky part would be cutting or drilling the stops for the various angle degrees. Maybe that's not needed though.
    Lincoln Pro MIG 180
    Chicago electric 225 Arc
    Harris oxy fuel

Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13

Post Thanks / Like

I had another crazy idea. I wonder if you can mount a bandsaw on a hub assembly so you can pivot the saw right and left like a miter saw does. I bet it can be done pretty easily with a hub assembly and a mounting plate for the saw to mount to. The tricky part would be cutting or drilling the stops for the various angle degrees. Maybe that's not needed though.
    Yes. The pivot would need to be applied under the hinge area. And preferably detached from the table otherwise you will still be readjusting the metal / saw for miters. I have several new and used wheel hubs for such projects. Good luck.

12. Likes Need Advice liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tapwelder View Post
    Yes. The pivot would need to be applied under the hinge area. And preferably detached from the table otherwise you will still be readjusting the metal / saw for miters. I have several new and used wheel hubs for such projects. Good luck.
    Thanks for the reply. A miter saw pivots under the blade so i was thinking of mounting it under the cutting area of the blade.
    Lincoln Pro MIG 180
    Chicago electric 225 Arc
    Harris oxy fuel

Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct. Middle of the blade for pivot location.

15. Likes Need Advice liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist