+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Outlaw 195 experiences?

Post Thanks / Like

Outlaw 195 experiences?

I'm currently considering this machine for emergency generator power for my house as well as portable welding for projects at my gun club and around the back yard. Given that it's based on the Predator generator it seems like a good idea. Does anyone here have one yet or have used one? If so what are your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Outlaw 195 experiences?

I have Predator 4000 works great.
    I converted the 4000 to propane one pull start.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    I'm currently considering this machine for emergency generator power for my house as well as portable welding for projects at my gun club and around the back yard. Given that it's based on the Predator generator it seems like a good idea. Does anyone here have one yet or have used one? If so what are your thoughts?

3. Likes John Baptist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would browse for reviews, Harbor Freight ratings show it to be prtty good(OVER 4 STARS IIRC). I would love to have one, but it's not in the budget after the wifes cancer treatments.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to here of your wife's cancer. It hard on you just ask my wife how took of me on my Chemotherapy.

Dave

FYI
    I am happy with my Harbor Frieght Predator 4000 one pull start on propane too.

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    I would browse for reviews, Harbor Freight ratings show it to be prtty good(OVER 4 STARS IIRC). I would love to have one, but it's not in the budget after the wifes cancer treatments.

Post Thanks / Like

I look up Outlaw 195 is $2,000.00
    My Predator $299.00 and welder HF 170 amp $169.00.

My 4000 runs My welders.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post

7. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    I look up Outlaw 195 is $2,000.00
    My Predator $299.00 and welder HF 170 amp $169.00.

My 4000 runs My welders.

Dave
    I agree. Dedicated generator and a welder is the way to go. A small inverter machine would be a lot more convenient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Sent via smoke signals using my Lincoln buzzbox

Post Thanks / Like

I have Predator 4000 works great.
    I converted the 4000 to propane one pull start.

Dave
    Nice!
    Lincwelder 180As
    Communists have the highest body count in history and yet they are all over TV and politics.

10. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading the wiring diagram and specs
    It is 6000 watt generator with a stick welder in side.

My opinion Outlaw 195 is over price. It is 100 amp 100% duty cycle only

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 52 Ford View Post
    I agree. Dedicated generator and a welder is the way to go. A small inverter machine would be a lot more convenient.

12. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The lower cost portable welder using a 6,000 watt generator.

Generator $589.00
    Welder $229.00

Options
    Now to add electricity start is under $99.00
    Propane carburetor under $30.00.

https://www.harborfreight.com/genera...arb-63964.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/weldin...der-69029.html

Now would spend $2,000 on Outlaw
    or under $1,000 with all opinions ��???.

Dave

FYI I only have a rope start .
    I only installed propane carburetor that a found on Amazon for $16.00 and 1/2 hour to install plus 1 hour watching video.
    Last edited by smithdoor; 09-29-2021 at 11:20 AM.

14. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The lower cost portable welder using a 6,000 watt generator.

Generator $589.00
    Welder $229.00

Options
    Now to add electricity start is under $99.00
    Propane carburetor under $30.00.

https://www.harborfreight.com/genera...arb-63964.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/weldin...der-69029.html

Now would spend $2,000 on Outlaw
    or under $1,000 with all opinions ��???.

Dave

FYI I only have a rope start .
    I only installed propane carburetor that a found on Amazon for $16.00 and 1/2 hour to install plus 1 hour watching video.
    I've been thinking about getting a multi-fuel carb for my generator (gas/propane/NG). It sure would be nice to be able to burn propane if I run out of gas or vice versa.

I know propane is less efficient than gas (btu per given volume). Any idea how long a 20 or 30lb tank would last? If I could get an hour out of a 20lb running at 3/4 load on my 6K genset, that'd be awesome for occasional use on the truck running a wire welder fixing gates and fences.

Also, I'd rather spend $3,000 on a used Miller or Lincoln with a few thousand hours than get the Outlaw. Nothing against HF welders - just seems like you're getting way more machine for the money.

Post Thanks / Like

I would much rather get the predator 8750 inverter generator ($1250) and titanium unlimited 200 multi-process welder ($850).

You'd get MUCH more machine on both ends for about the same price.

I think the outlaw is way overpriced for the specs - I think HF pooped the bed on that one.

I believer there is a 10% off everything - no exclusions - coupon that HF has offered a couple of times since changing their coupon/sales tactics. It'll likely come around for black friday, or the holidays at the end of the year, might be worth your time to wait for it.
    Last edited by SlowBlues; 10-01-2021 at 10:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post
    I would much rather get the predator 8750 inverter generator ($1250) and titanium unlimited 200 multi-process welder ($850).

You'd get MUCH more machine on both ends for about the same price.

I think the outlaw is way overpriced for the specs - I think HF pooped the bed on that one.

I believer there is a 10% off everything - no exclusions - coupon that HF has offered a couple of times since changing their coupon/sales tactics. It'll likely come around for black friday, or the holidays at the end of the year, might be worth your time to wait for it.
    Not sure about a 10%, but I've used this 20% off coupon a couple times. Accessories only, but still useful. https://images.platforum.cloud/uploads/202...7d9ee02db4.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about a 10%, but I've used this 20% off coupon a couple times. Accessories only, but still useful. https://images.platforum.cloud/uploads/202...7d9ee02db4.jpg

Note the lack of expiration date. I keep it saved on my phone.

Post Thanks / Like

The Predator 4000 will at 50% for 12 Hours and at 75% power 8.6 hours
    What like about propane is the carburetor does not get gummy like gasoline.

Dave

I've been thinking about getting a multi-fuel carb for my generator (gas/propane/NG). It sure would be nice to be able to burn propane if I run out of gas or vice versa.

I know propane is less efficient than gas (btu per given volume). Any idea how long a 20 or 30lb tank would last? If I could get an hour out of a 20lb running at 3/4 load on my 6K genset, that'd be awesome for occasional use on the truck running a wire welder fixing gates and fences.

Also, I'd rather spend $3,000 on a used Miller or Lincoln with a few thousand hours than get the Outlaw. Nothing against HF welders - just seems like you're getting way more machine for the money.

Post Thanks / Like

52 ford, since HF changed their marketing strategy (about a year ago) they have brought out a 10% off anything ("no exclusions) coupon 2 or 3 times so far.

I'm aware there are, in fact, exclusions lol, but HF literally calls it their 10% no exclusions coupon in emails/adverts.

Old EXPIRED coupon, just to give you an idea of what to look out for:
    Name:  harbor.png
Views: 4078
Size:  21.1 KB
    https://go.harborfreight.com/coupons...ions-21451460/

I'm sure they will send out another and likely soon for black friday and/or the holidays. It's not much but it's worth it on a high dollar (for HF) purchase.
    Last edited by SlowBlues; 10-02-2021 at 06:40 PM.

21. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Propane also never goes bad (though depending on the hose connection you use your o-rings may dry out).

Another advantage is that propane is much less messy, and IMO much safer to store, with none of the issues that come with transferring gasoline from pump to container, and container to generator tank.
    Last edited by SlowBlues; 10-02-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

52 ford, since HF changed their marketing strategy (about a year ago) they have brought out a 10% off anything ("no exclusions) coupon 2 or 3 times so far.

I'm aware there are, in fact, exclusions lol, but HF literally calls it their 10% no exclusions coupon in emails/adverts.

Old EXPIRED coupon, just to give you an idea of what to look out for:
    Name:  harbor.png
Views: 4078
Size:  21.1 KB
    https://go.harborfreight.com/coupons...ions-21451460/

I'm sure they will send out another and likely soon for black friday and/or the holidays. It's not much but it's worth it on a high dollar (for HF) purchase.
    HFQPDB.com it's a Harbor Freight coupon database. I haven't bothered clipping coupons since I found it.

Post Thanks / Like

Propane ... none of the issues that come with transferring gasoline from pump to container, and container to generator tank.
    Here's what I use to get from a 5 gallon jug to my tractor. I'm getting too old to pour the jug shoulder-high.

About $30 on Amazon. Here's a link.
    https://www.amazon.com/DEWAY-Automat.../dp/B08L5JJLNM

Be sure to get one with automatic shutoff. I expect these are used to refuel indoor portable kerosene heaters in Asia.

And get a version that runs on D-cells because those can pump hydraulic fluid etc.

Name:  91-Zo9CdEFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views: 3918
Size:  204.9 KB
    * Amico MIG-130A Flux, Dual Voltage. Truly portable!
    * HF MIG-180 with all the mods. Heavy.
    * Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig 130/160.
    * Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Here's what I use to get from a 5 gallon jug to my tractor. I'm getting too old to pour the jug shoulder-high.

About $30 on Amazon. Here's a link.
    https://www.amazon.com/DEWAY-Automat.../dp/B08L5JJLNM

Be sure to get one with automatic shutoff. I expect these are used to refuel indoor portable kerosene heaters in Asia.

And get a version that runs on D-cells because those can pump hydraulic fluid etc.

Name:  91-Zo9CdEFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views: 3918
Size:  204.9 KB
    Try Harbor Freight. That's where I buy mine. $10 instead of $30. https://harborfreight.com/battery-op...ump-63847.html

26. Likes California liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Try Harbor Freight. That's where I buy mine. $10 instead of $30. https://harborfreight.com/battery-op...ump-63847.html
    I like the automatic shutoff on mine. The nozzle has a clip so it won't fall out of the destination, and a float switch that turns off the pump before it overflows. That feature is what makes me think these are used to refuel indoor kerosene heaters.

That HF one looks good too. Since it runs on two D cells then it can pump heavier fluids. I use mine to refill the tractor transmission with UTF which is approximately 30 wt oil, as well as refueling uphill like in that photo.

I bought a second cheap similar pump with AA cells for transferring drinking water. That one is underpowered and eats batteries. D cell pumps are the only good ones.
    * Amico MIG-130A Flux, Dual Voltage. Truly portable!
    * HF MIG-180 with all the mods. Heavy.
    * Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig 130/160.
    * Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

28. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I recommend the HF one. The price is right and it does a fine job with gasoline. I bought it to gas up the lawn mower without spilling gas everywhere. The filler on the fuel tank is sorta recessed and it's awkward to fill it with a gas can.

I have only used the pump for gasoline and water, but I reckon it'd move 30W oil. If it doesn't, it's just $10 and would still work fine for fueling up equipment.

The pump fits though all of the filler necks on the gas cans, if a little tight on some. Again, I recommend it for $10. Well worth the convenience.

30. Likes California liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    Thank you Dave, she's doing great, they got all the cancer & she had 6 weeks of radiation and is taking a med to block the hormones that can cause breast cancer, she was also good on the genetics so it won't get passed genetically.
    Last edited by CAVEMANN; 10-05-2021 at 08:17 PM.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

32. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, am new to this forum. Some years ago my uncle gave me a very old, but large Lincoln welder. I know it requires 240. But not sure of it's wattage requirements. I see conflicting information on the web regarding what size generator I would need to run it. One post says 9000 running watts, another says I should have at least 15,000. That's a big difference! Any other input y'all could give me would be great. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Galej View Post
    Hi, am new to this forum. Some years ago my uncle gave me a very old, but large Lincoln welder. I know it requires 240. But not sure of it's wattage requirements. I see conflicting information on the web regarding what size generator I would need to run it. One post says 9000 running watts, another says I should have at least 15,000. That's a big difference! Any other input y'all could give me would be great. Thanks
    What type of plug is on it? Different plugs are made for different amperages. Look up "NEMA outlet chart" if you're in the US. Probably gonna be a NEMA 6-50 or a 6-30.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist