+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thermal Dynamics Older SL60 torch head on newer ATC cable

Post Thanks / Like

Thermal Dynamics Older SL60 torch head on newer ATC cable

I have a Cutmaster 50 that recently died after someone unplugged it while I was using it then plugged it back in. Loud bang, now dead.

I purchased a Used Victor Cutmaster 42 for a decent price but it has an SL40 torch and I hate it. Not to mention the tons of consumables I have for my old SL60 torch.

Does anyone know if I can move just the SL60 torch head to the lead of the newer ATC cable? I can't tell if the air line fittings are the same size but I would assume everything else would just be a simple move of the trigger/cap switches?

I searched but couldn't find specifics of each torch and didn't see anyone who tried similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thermal Dynamics Older SL60 torch head on newer ATC cable

If your SL60 has an ATC plug it will work on either plasma.
    My cutmaster 80 has the ATC plug. The SL60 torch head can't be put on the SL40 lead. The SL 60 and SL100 use the same head.
    The SL40QD torch is totally different. The torch head and handle assembly can be removed from the leads with a quick disconnect plug.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot I posted this but yes, you can move the torch heads. Was actually quite simple, and moved the SL40 torch back to the old Non ATC lead and sold it, which also worked. The switches are the same on both leads and just needed the have the blue wires crimped/soldered and to slip the air line on.

Post Thanks / Like

Please help. I have a Thermal Dynamics Pak Master 50XL in from a customer. Does not have a TD torch. I think the one he brought me is an SL60 with hose and 3 wire leads. Got hose on, Red wire for power, but don't know where to attach black or white wires. Behind control panel is a circular ring with 6 female wire terminals. All are gray except green ground. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redsil View Post
    Please help. I have a Thermal Dynamics Pak Master 50XL in from a customer. Does not have a TD torch. I think the one he brought me is an SL60 with hose and 3 wire leads. Got hose on, Red wire for power, but don't know where to attach black or white wires. Behind control panel is a circular ring with 6 female wire terminals. All are gray except green ground. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    SL60 I s a TD torch. I might have the adapter kit to hook the SL to that machine. Can you send pic's ? One of the wires on the machine is not used because it was for HF start. There is info on this conversion on the web as well.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist