+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CNC plasma cutting system as a masterpiece

Post Thanks / Like

CNC plasma cutting system as a masterpiece

Hello everyone,

I already created a similar thread in the machining shop, but didn't get much help at the time. I am at master school to become a master craftsman in metal construction and construction technology. This includes a masterpiece and that should be the plasma cutting system mentioned above.

You can always need something like that. First of all, pure air plasma should be applied to a nice water table.

I like to go here and get inspiration from machines that can be bought (e.g ShopSabre or something like that). Unfortunately, I find it difficult to choose a controller and the rest of the electrical components.

Does anyone have experience building it yourself? Google unearths little useful. Can anyone send me links? I've already read most of them - at least it seems like that to me, I can't find anything new when searching.

Does anyone have something for me? I still have some time, but I have to prepare for it now.
    Last edited by ebrownbibi; 10-03-2021 at 07:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CNC plasma cutting system as a masterpiece

Hi
    Happy to help I have built 9 tables from scratch, no kits just all welding, machining, wiring and programing done by me. I started about 10 years ago know nothing about CNC, CAD, or CAM, loved almost every minute of it. I am finishing table #10 now. I have done work for other and use my table for more that Plasma cutting, tables are a great addition to a shop. I have cut parts for my own project, like wall art and tool making.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by acourtjester; 10-03-2021 at 02:08 PM.
    DIY CNC Plasma table USB BOB Price THC
    Hypertherm 65
    Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
    Miler 180 Mig
    13" metal lathe
    Mill/ Drill
    ECT, ECT,

Post Thanks / Like

I have also build my own table. I use CandCNC controller set up. If I were to do it again I would build my own controller.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Dynasty 300 DX
    HTP 240
    HTP Microcut 380
    Hyperthem 85
    JD2 Hyd Bender and HF Hyd Ring Roller all in one =(Frankenbender)
    Bpt. Mill/DRO
    4' x 8' CNC Plasma Table
    Instagram: tjsperformance
    YT: TJS Welding and Fabrication

Post Thanks / Like

I'll make the days

I would prefer a Kjellberg device. Which is secondary, the main thing is one with less protection than 50 amps at full load. My NH fuses only have 50 amps. Then there is also a compressor.
    I'm not too fond of Hypertherm so far, if I'm honest. Just because the Americans like to use it, I don't have to do it too. Kjellberg is the Mercedes among the plasma devices (is also the inventor), A pilot arc is important to me.
    Last edited by ebrownbibi; 10-04-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ebrownbibi View Post
    I'll make the days

I would prefer a Kjellberg device. Which is secondary, the main thing is one with less protection than 50 amps at full load. My NH fuses only have 50 amps. Then there is also a compressor.
    I'm not too fond of Hypertherm so far, if I'm honest. Just because the Americans like to use it, I don't have to do it too. Kjellberg is the Mercedes among the plasma devices (is also the inventor), A pilot arc is important to me.

Well, I certainly can appreciate your honesty, and I will join you in it!! You might find helpful information faster, with fewer ruffled feathers, by listing the things you don't need help with from the Americans. Most Americans can't help it - they act like Americans, think like Americans, and are quick to suggest American solutions.
    Many of the frequent and helpful posters on this board are Americans and Canadians.
    You may wish to specify that you only wish for thread participation from certain countries, such as Europe.
    I certainly wish you well with your project!!

Sent from my E6810 using http://tiny.cc/Forums_reader

6. Likes mla2ofus liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist