+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Powermax 1000 air pressure

Post Thanks / Like

Powermax 1000 air pressure

This morning my Pmax 1000 would not cut due to low air pressure. If I turned my regulator down low, while the amp control was in gas test position, air would flow until I turned the regulator up to about 70 psi and then the solenoid would shut off and no air would flow. I suspect my solenoid in the manifold had failed. Do I need to replace the entire manifold? It looks like the whole unit should be replaced. Have I diagnosed this correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Powermax 1000 air pressure

Further info on this issue. I was able to cut later, if I kept the pressure at 60 - 65 psi. As soon as I turned it up, gas would flow in the test position, but the solenoid would shut off as soon as the flow was shut down, ie. turn gas test off and on or attempt to start a new cut. Could this be an overpressure sensor gone bad?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Rusty, I'm sorry for the late response on your post. if you are still having this issue I would suggest calling our technical support team here at Technical service(800) 643-9878. They can help you narrow down the issue and hopefully get you back up and running quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

if the red LED on the gas valve turns on and the valve doesn't open. Valve is bad.
    You should also test the regulator and make sure it is working correctly. bypass valve and see if it can be adjusted from low to high with out problems.
    Please recheck your filters in the air lines. Make sure they are working right and removing all the water and oil from the air. the valve does not like any oil in the air and will stop working. Low pressure air switch should close at 42 psi and not open at higher pressures. Can easily be checked with a meter.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist