Thread: Volt meter

Post Thanks / Like

Volt meter

A shorthood machine I bought came with a volt meter instead of an amp meter. Do they wire exactly the same? I have the electronic dist. upgrade and electronic idler upgrade on it.

1. Red wire from dist. to + on coil, black wire to - on coil,
    2. then a wire from on/off switch to + on coil, on the same switch terminal I'm running a wire to the + side of the volt meter.
    3. the - side of volt meter to frame ground.
    4. On the bottom switch terminal I'm going to BATT on starter or should I take it to oil pressure switch or alternator?

does this sound right? I have the service manual but elect ignition and a volt meter which is not mentioned is throwing me off.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Volt meter

Quote Originally Posted by DD-YATES View Post
    A shorthood machine I bought came with a volt meter instead of an amp meter. Do they wire exactly the same? I have the electronic dist. upgrade and electronic idler upgrade on it.

1. Red wire from dist. to + on coil, black wire to - on coil,
    2. then a wire from on/off switch to + on coil, on the same switch terminal I'm running a wire to the + side of the volt meter.
    3. the - side of volt meter to frame ground.
    4. On the bottom switch terminal I'm going to BATT on starter or should I take it to oil pressure switch or alternator?

does this sound right? I have the service manual but elect ignition and a volt meter which is not mentioned is throwing me off.
    Volt meter usually goes across ( parallel to the battery leads) amp meter is in series. Unless its one of the new electronic ones then its manufacturer specific That's what I know.