Purox O/A
    Smith Littletorch O/A
    Hobart Champion Elite

2. Likes John Baptist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheres Docwelder?

He's probably off enjoying his retirement - I hope so anyway
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

I show up on Joe's profile (aka DOCwelder) because he tagged me as a friend on WW years ago I am pretty much the only active person on his friends list. I haven't hear from him in a long time. I hope he's alright. I know he quit working and retired to FL. I hope he is well and enjoying his non-welding life. But I do know he had diabetes and a couple of other medical conditions, that he talked about openly.
    Miller Multimatic 255

5. Likes John Baptist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope he’s doing OK and enjoying retirement.
    Miller a/c-d/c Thunderbolt XL
    Millermatic 180
    Purox O/A
    Smith Littletorch O/A
    Hobart Champion Elite

7. Likes Lis2323, John Baptist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I always enjoyed his posts. Hope he's just been off having too much fun and forgot about us dregs

9. Likes John Baptist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i been wondering about him for a while too. he was a very nice guy, and dont think, he woulda just left like this, so im afraid something mighta happened. i do remeber in a post that he was taking a concooction of drugs/meds. i dont remeber what all of them were, but i remeber thinkin it sounded unhealthy for the mind. he was a union man, and probabl y had good ins,. and u know them docs, they like to work it, and many work for big pharma. not sure if he ever escaped ny, but it was in his plans to go to his condo/house in florida. hard to say, w/ all the medical tyranny (especially in ny), what happened. hopefully he shows up sometime

Post Thanks / Like

Doc didn't stand for doctor, it stood for department of corrections. Joe was an ironworker by training, but he worked in the NYS prison system mostly welding jail cell gates and such.

12. Likes John Baptist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    i been wondering about him for a while too. he was a very nice guy, and dont think, he woulda just left like this, so im afraid something mighta happened. i do remeber in a post that he was taking a concooction of drugs/meds. i dont remeber what all of them were, but i remeber thinkin it sounded unhealthy for the mind. he was a union man, and probabl y had good ins,. and u know them docs, they like to work it, and many work for big pharma. not sure if he ever escaped ny, but it was in his plans to go to his condo/house in florida. hard to say, w/ all the medical tyranny (especially in ny), what happened. hopefully he shows up sometime
    In his case DOC was acronym for Department of Corrections. His career was building cages to put bad people in.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

14. Likes John Baptist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    Doc didn't stand for doctor, it stood for department of corrections. Joe was an ironworker by training, but he worked in the NYS prison system mostly welding jail cell gates and such.
    thanks for the note . on line 3 of #6, if, I , would have used "Dr.'s", instead of "docs" , it woulda took the confusion out, i was aware he was not a medical dr., med dr.'s not really union so much. docwelder was a union man, ironworkers, department of corrections, police, etc - all union. he often engaged in union topic conversations. nice guy he was. one time he fed ex'd a leather welding jacket to a begginer member on here as a gift. i liked docwelder, i don't know if he liked me so much though. one time he asked me if i swim. i think he was insinuating that he'd like to drown me.
    Last edited by 123weld; 10-12-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the pleasure of meeting Joe (aka DOCWelder) and spent a day with him and a half dozen other guys (including Willie B) at Zap's old shop, learning how to TIG weld. He is a really nice guy. I wouldn't let the swimming comment throw you.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

I had the pleasure of meeting Joe (aka DOCWelder) and spent a day with him and a half dozen other guys (including Willie B) at Zap's old shop, learning how to TIG weld. He is a really nice guy. I wouldn't let the swimming comment throw you.
    how nice/fun.
    right, he couldnt a been serious, nor would he hold a grudge. about 10 yrs ago, someone else and i were going at it/back and forth , and he jumped in w/ the comment

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh! All of those that day might have been ax murderers, but were on their best behavior. In the years that followed, I came to know a bit of several of them.

Louie: a gentle giant. Sweet man, former Paramedic turned accountant. VERY knowledgeable & very conversant on many subjects, NEVER bragging.

Docwelder: Kept evil in its place. Union man, able to retire early. Two beautiful homes & a parrot. I can't respect him, I don't think he owned a single tractor.

Zapster: Younger than me, I'll still call him a grumpy old man. Forgot more about welding & machining than collectively, we will ever know. His deepest secret: He's a nice guy!

Welder Mike: I don't know much, but that he is an incredible TIG welder!

Heart Doc: I just never understood. He liked to modify little chainsaws. I, on the other hand, love BIG chainsaws. I own several big ones including twin Husqvarna 390XP attached to opposite ends of a 50" bar. What the value of a little saw is? I don't know!

Others are no longer very active, I've lost track.

Wish Louie was nearby, I'd get him to show me how to use 5 functions of my TIG welder I haven't figured out.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

19. Likes Louie1961, scsmith42 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't respect him, I don't think he owned a single tractor.
    Hahahaha!!!! That's great!
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Others are no longer very active, I've lost track.
    I really miss see Al (DRF255) on here. He was good weldor and a good guy. WelderMike too for that matter. The other Mike (Heartdoc) was on here recently. What about Ari (akatz)? I thought he lived close by you Bill?
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

I really miss see Al (DRF255) on here. He was good weldor and a good guy. WelderMike too for that matter. The other Mike (Heartdoc) was on here recently. What about Ari (akatz)? I thought he lived close by you Bill?
    Other than that day, when I got up at 2:00 AM & wasn't really myself, I've never heard of him. We have a big family of Katz near, but ARI is not one I know of.

Post Thanks / Like

I really miss Zap and his work...particularly the trademark dime on the finished work! Hope his new shop is working OK for him...been a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    In his case DOC was acronym for Department of Corrections. His career was building cages to put bad people in.
    well Willie B, nows ur chance to show us how good a detective u can be, if you or Louie, or whomever else, knew his last name, or what location he worked at, maybe a lil research/calls, might get us some clues

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    well Willie B, nows ur chance to show us how good a detective u can be, if you or Louie, or whomever else, knew his last name, or what location he worked at, maybe a lil research/calls, might get us some clues
    Nope, I'm NOT a stalker. If he wants to chime in & catch us up it's his decision.

26. Likes Louie1961, SlowBlues, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpump5 View Post
    Havent seen any posts by him in a long time and was
    wondering if anyone knows anything.
    well, there you have it - as u can see what were working w/ here. maybe better off thumb tacking a 3x5 recepie size card on missing/lost found board at ur local grocery store

Post Thanks / Like

On somewhat of a sidenote, I belong to a lot of different forums and feel like I know a lot of people personally, even though I've never met them, or even know their real name. Then one day you realize that you haven't seen someone post for a while and start to wonder.

My Dad was very active in car forums. He passed away last winter and I often thought it would be nice to be able to track down the sites he haunted and let them know what happened.

At some point, we will all quietly fade away. Hope that's not the case for DocWelder

29. Likes scsmith42 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss seeing DotMatrix’s work too, she was very good.
    Do not believe everything that you think.

31. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xsbank View Post
    I miss seeing DotMatrix’s work too, she was very good.
    She was a craftsperson with skill exceeding most of us. Sadly, she was female & several of us made asses of ourselves.

33. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DotMatrix was VERY talented, with awesome and interesting projects to post.

Also, a very talented photographer - It was always a joy to see a new post from DotMatrix.