+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Powcon 300st

Post Thanks / Like

Powcon 300st

FREE,FREE,FREE,
    My Powcon 300ST quit working this weekend. I went to strike up and arc and heard a loud pop and it tripped the circuit breaker/on/off switch on the welder. Upon opening it up I could smell something burnt. Tried resetting and retesting with the unit open, Same loud pop after about 5 sec of turning the unit on(looked like it came from one of the capacitors near the top of the unit) So I'm giving it away for free to someone who may need it for parts or might have the correct parts to repair. Just need to pay for shipping from CA 92025
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Powcon 300st

Welder has been given away as of today
    Kevin

3. Likes xmmancharl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Powcon 300st

Well... So far I have not been able to create a post, but this one seems to get a lot of traffic, hopefully by folks with knowledge of the 300st.

I bought it some 30 years ago thinking one day, I would use it for TIG, but that never got off the ground after I attempted to learn TIG at the local High School ROP.
    Was never good at ARC lacked control on the puddle as well as the TIG, and since I learned MIG...well now it is hard to go back. I have the HH135 and understand it is too weak for 1/4" with a spool gun on aluminum.

Until recent I used my jeep's ready welder to stick together an aluminum angle frame but it wasn't nothing to brag about.

Now looking at giving the PowCon 300ST a purpose with a spool gun and an Argon bottle.
    HF has a spool gun for about $200 after 25% coupon and wondering what else I would need to finish the set up, or if it would work at all. Hoping someone reading this has tried or has some good suggestions on what I should purchase.

BTY my first HF electric tool was CN angle grinder that was scary to use when they first came out, but my last was a wet paver saw that has a few years of use and runs true and strong.

:P

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist