+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking at a used Invertec V350 pro. What to look for?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking at a used Invertec V350 pro. What to look for?

Yes it is DC. Won't be doing aluminum.
    Glen

Red-D-Arc EX300 (Miller XMT304)
    Hobart Champion 16
    Hobart Hefty CC/CV
    Hobart Handler 140
    Lotos LTP5000D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccawgc View Post
    Make sure the welder is set for the line voltage you wish to use. open the clear plastic rear panel. inside is a large switch and a small jumper wire. If you are going to operate on 230 volts. set large switch to the lower voltage range then move the small jumper to the 230 volt plug. I can't see the small wire in the picture so it is connected to the 460 or 575 plug. Make sure line switch is off. before opening the clear panel. If welder still has factory cord. you must use the black and white wires for single phase operation. tape up the red. welder will not power up right if connected to red and black. red is only used with 3 phase power.
    error codes point to low line voltage for how welder is set up. welder is manual relink. Factory models have a feeder plug on the front. contractors models only have the remote plug. no feeder plug.
    Most parts should still be available. but pricey. welder can be connected to the powerwave manager software but you need a Lincoln RS232 adapter and a serial cable. Used for testing and calibration and software updates.
    This welder is now out of production it has been replaced by the flextec 350X.
    Back to your problem. If line is set up right and you are still getting these error codes the main power switch pcb might be bad. But they don't go bad very often.
    I replace more digital power supplies than anything. after that it is control pcbs.
    Please check the part number on you digital power supply. if a G3632 you will need to replace it. if a G5632-2 then you have the newest one. the old G3632 pcbs are known to kill the control pcb. when I run in to them I always replace them.

Upon deeper investigation, it looks like there are resistors on a couple different boards that got hot at one point. The only part number I could find is G3830-1. Maybe I need to clean things off better.
    Name:  PXL_20211114_235245936.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  PXL_20211114_235257597.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  107.0 KB

Name:  PXL_20211114_235535695.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  117.5 KB

Name:  PXL_20211114_235600675.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  114.1 KB
    Glen

Hobart Champion 16
    Hobart Hefty CC/CV
    Hobart Handler 140
    Lotos LTP5000D

Post Thanks / Like

if nothin else, u might be able to sell the first two pics as psychadelic artwork . if u were closer to sf, some fryed .com rich hippies wouild buy it

Post Thanks / Like

I'm good at finding exotic tax deductions
    Glen

Hobart Champion 16
    Hobart Hefty CC/CV
    Hobart Handler 140
    Lotos LTP5000D

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help you with getting it running, but to answer your earlier question about running it off of a generator it should work fine as long as it's a quality generator of sufficient size. I have a invertec v350pro and have run it exclusively off of a generator(I use a 33kw 3 phase diesel unit) for about the last 8 or 9 years. I find mine about the nicest machine to weld with of any I've ever used and I've burned many 100's of pounds of rod with sa200's, the invertec is every bit as good, you'll be happy with it if you get it working.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shakescreek View Post
    Can't help you with getting it running, but to answer your earlier question about running it off of a generator it should work fine as long as it's a quality generator of sufficient size. I have a invertec v350pro and have run it exclusively off of a generator(I use a 33kw 3 phase diesel unit) for about the last 8 or 9 years. I find mine about the nicest machine to weld with of any I've ever used and I've burned many 100's of pounds of rod with sa200's, the invertec is every bit as good, you'll be happy with it if you get it working.
    Originally I was thinking I might need to bring a generator to test it before buying. I would've used my Hobart champion 16. But then the seller came up with a way to test it so I didn't need to bring it after all. Good to hear that it is a good welder. I hope it's fixable for less than a new one costs! Haha
    Glen

Hobart Champion 16
    Hobart Hefty CC/CV
    Hobart Handler 140
    Lotos LTP5000D

Post Thanks / Like

Found the info label we were looking for I believe
    Name:  PXL_20211120_221030529.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  114.0 KB
    Glen

Hobart Champion 16
    Hobart Hefty CC/CV
    Hobart Handler 140
    Lotos LTP5000D

Post Thanks / Like

The discolored resistors all look normal. Check the blue box capacitors on the power switch pcb. Right side of welder. see if they are loose. ran into one welder that the one below wire 205 was loose and the caps could not balance. If you know how to use a voltage test meter safely on powered equipment. Measure the voltage on each large capacitor that is bolted to the pcb. Each should be 166vdc and with in a few volts. Line voltage times 1.414 divided by 2.
    send me you email by private message. If you don't know how to work on powered on equipment get help from some one who does. you can not out run exploding parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, PM sent
    Glen

Hobart Champion 16
    Hobart Hefty CC/CV
    Hobart Handler 140
    Lotos LTP5000D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shakescreek View Post
    Hey, I'm looking to run mine off a generator and wanted to know if you have any advice on what to get? I'm trying to keep it as small as possible as I have a 1200 lb bed slide inside my locking industrial camper.
    Thanks,
    Hans

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist