+ Reply to Thread

Thread: house/work 2x72

Post Thanks / Like

house/work 2x72

hi, i stumbled upon this DIY grinder on youtube but cant seem to find anything here about it.
    i've been wanting a 2x72 for a while now but couldn't bring myself to spending thousands on one.
    this one give you almost all of the parts and a plus is that i will be pulling the trigger on a TIG soon so this would make good practice.
    the site is housemade.us.
    let me know what you guys think.

PS, i found posts on Jeremy Schmidt's DIY grinder, if thats the same as Jer's woodshop then could you give your opinion on that aswell. to me it looks like a more simple build but not as high quality as the HW grinder.

thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: house/work 2x72

Well I have built 3 of the Jeremy Schmidt's, the built images are posted here. I sold 2 of them the knife guys, I can tell you it is well worth the time to build one. Nothing against House's I did built the options the Jeremy showed and they all work great. I think if you shop around you can save money, My last one has the Motor and VFD house talks about but it need 220 VAC for the 2 HP one of the other I used a 1.5HP that ran on 120VAC. The one in the video has a tread mill motor and a DC controller.
    https://weldingweb.com/vbb/threads/7...ight=2x72+belt

DIY CNC Plasma table USB BOB Price THC
    Hypertherm 65
    Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
    Miler 180 Mig
    13" metal lathe
    Mill/ Drill
    ECT, ECT,

Post Thanks / Like

I built the HouseWork version about six months ago. Works great. Great cut pieces. Puts together well if u can weld. A couple of videos on YouTube on his machine; just have to search for it.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you guys for the replies.
    Jester, i'm assuming he gives you the paperwork which includes dimensions for all the parts need then you need to find a way to cut them out? that would probably be the most challenging part for me. is there a lot of custom work that needs to be done or is everything pretty much in the instructions? just trying to figure out how much work is involved.

Bigmag, i did go through his videos, seems like a pretty straight forward build and i like how everything is laid out. just weighing my options.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Super he does include the dimensional drawings for the custom parts. I have drawn the parts out and have the DXF files, if you buy his plans ($20. online delivery) I give you the files so you can cut them or find a person to cut them for you. I did make a small change to the tracking wheel assembly that will come too. By all means do build either one it is a great addition to your shop. Here is a video of an attachment I also built for the grinder. I now us a push stick for narrow parts.
    Last edited by acourtjester; 11-03-2021 at 10:13 AM.
    DIY CNC Plasma table USB BOB Price THC
    Hypertherm 65
    Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
    Miler 180 Mig
    13" metal lathe
    Mill/ Drill
    ECT, ECT,

6. Likes whtbaron, Shootr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

you know, i might just do that. for the price you cant really go wrong. if for whatever reason im not happy with it i can then spend more for the HW i guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist