+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help to repair a Miller maxtar stl.service manual

Post Thanks / Like

Need help to repair a Miller maxtar stl.service manual

Hi I have a Miller maxtar 150 stl that doesn’t turn on machine doesn’t have any signs of burned components. No ready green light I have experience in electronics I have my work bench since Ive repaired a lot of smps but not much experience repairing Miller welders I’m wondering if someone could sell me a service manual for this machine. Tried to contact Miller but they sent me to a Miller service center and it’s very expensive. They want to sell me all pcb Not worth so I would appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help to repair a Miller maxtar stl.service manual

You need to post your question in the Miller subforum. That's where you'll get answers about Miller equipment and is where the Miller repair guys hang out. This is the Business Owners' subforum and what we do here is talk about how to run a welding business.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help to repair a Miller maxtar stl.service manual

service manual will not do you much good. there are no diagrams of the components that make up the power pcb. only tests to make sure it is either ok or dead.
    Miller only supplies the complete power pcb assembly. The only diagram we have to work from is the same one pasted inside the welder and in the owners manual.
    There is a thread on this site about a repair on these welders, where it was taken all apart and he traced it out. Try searching for it.
    also under our current contract we are not allowed to give out any service manuals to anyone who has not completed Miller service tech level one training.
    even if he works for me. unless he is working directly with me.
    This is posted on Miller's web site we use and we have to agree to it every time we down load a manual.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist