+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No pkones

Post Thanks / Like

No pkones

So I have to stop and see a local leader type, I cant call causre they dont have a telephone. At first I was gonna set up a meeting with the blond ball buster bozz woman handles a lot of the meeting. sales and is the purchasing agent for me. I thought about that a bit,,, might not be the best idea.
    So,,, we bid a job last week was super local and in a slightly different time I might have shaved it closer. They reallty had lots of expectations about features and cost. When I price what they want,,,, we are not going for that,,,, ha, did a couple versions of it and was pretty much exercise for the sales girl and the crew really didnt wanna erect it in the winter anyway.
    I priced my way out of it some and when they get some other quotes I might not be so shocking. I am in the process of getting gc so I didnt shop it out yet but really turn down a lot due to not having a ramrod framing crew.
    At one point work was less, could get a gang together and run it but we building some features its hard to manage and pound climbing like a moneky at tghe same time and I cant wander off and prep for the next stage. It really makes the coffee cup hard to hold also. Bigger buildings are really easier for me than small ones due to some of this. I can catch errors before they are problems.
    Be a bit different if I was doing the same exact thing for the 25th time. with some more experienced men.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No pkones

So,, I got these women I work with, they are a little slow on the uptake but once they really get the idea are like sponges, If I want it done simply tell them we got to noon tomorrow and it will get done before we leave. Pay her 3 hrs with a shovel while I work elsewhere and I dont got to wrestle up a trencher for modest work. .
    Last edited by Sberry; 11-11-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

So I bet the phone companies, internet and cable people have a terrorist watch list along with the big box stores. I bet she is on it. Customer service pays her to go away,,,, ha

Post Thanks / Like

I met the guy this morning. Learned quite a little. This is worth exploring. Got some idea on hourly cost. Got another lead on outright subbing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Who doesn't have a phone? Hell my cats have phones...
    We've done so much, for so long, with so little. Were now qualified to do anything with nothing !

6. Likes whtbaron liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist